No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter: Not Enough Money For Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter: Not Enough Money For Andre Ward

Golovkin holds the WBA/IBO middleweight titles, and Ward is the WBA's super champion at 168-pounds. Both boxers have been dominating their respective divisions and fans are clamoring to see the two of them collide.

Golovkin's promoter, Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions, likes the idea of facing Ward - but also feels there is not enough money in the fight, as of this moment, to make it happen in the near future.

Ward has been inactive since November 2013. He makes his return on June 20th against Paul Smith - at a catch-weight of 172-pounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

Ggg ducking ward he wants the big names ward is a big name and he's been inactive so why not try to take his head off but that's right ggg wants to fight scrubs all his life

Comment

That's a call-out to RN that if they're willing to front the money this fight can happen sooner than later.

Comment

not enough money?!?...what about the glory and respect?!?....SOG is the best boxer on the planet not named Floyd Mayweather Jr.....get the quack outta here with that money talk!!...SOG vs GGG is the new superfight in boxing!!

Comment

This is so funny! He keeps calling out smaller fighters, but he won't go up in weight to fight Ward, but he wants Mayweather, Cotto , and Canelo all to fight at 160. If he wants to money fights he has to go down or up in weight. Or fight Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
            not enough money?!?...what about the glory and respect?!?....SOG is the best boxer on the planet not named Floyd Mayweather Jr.....get the quack outta here with that money talk!!...SOG vs GGG is the new superfight in boxing!!
            So much more glory and respect fighting Paul Smith in Oakland than Carl Froch in Nottingham.

Comment

GGG would be in a no win situation if he were to take on Ward asap. If he wins, he beat an inactive fighter who just returned to the sport after a long layoff. If he loses, he lost to an inactive fighter who just returned to the sport after a long layoff.

I would love to see this fight but I would like to see Ward create some buzz by beating a high profile opponent first in order to hype the matchup. Let him take his tuneup bout then fight someone noteworthy before taking on GGG.

I see many GGG haters asking why doesn't GGG move up to 168 to face Ward but aren't asking Ward to move up to 175 to face Kovalev.

Comment

Big Money Show!!!

Comment

Why are people acting like Ward would accept it off PPV? There's two sides to it.

Comment

I listened to the whole interview. Loeffler was explaining that Ward would demand a big purse for that fight and obviously Golovkin would too, so it would have to be a PPV fight as those purse demands wouldn't fit into the budget for HBO...and Ward doesn't have enough buzz right now to make it a lucrative ppv fight. I would love to this fight, but what hes actually saying (not just the headline) makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X