No announcement yet.

Donaire, Mares and Santa Cruz....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donaire, Mares and Santa Cruz....

A lot of fans are asking about how these fights play out. I think the most exciting fight of these 3 is Mares vs Santa Cruz but I agree in Mares wanting to see Donaire because that's the money fight.

I also disagree with Al Berstein in saying that Mares is nothing more than a brawler. Mares boxed beautifully against Perez and Vic. He can do it all and against Moreno showed he can come forward and be a pressure fighter.

I do see Donaire beating both Santa Cruz and Mares but I think Santa Cruz gives him a tougher fight because of the chin and pressure. We have yet to see Donaire pressured and hit hard and Santa Cruz will do that.

very impressed with santa cruz

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      A lot of fans are asking about how these fights play out. I think the most exciting fight of these 3 is Mares vs Santa Cruz but I agree in Mares wanting to see Donaire because that's the money fight.

I also disagree with Al Berstein in saying that Mares is nothing more than a brawler. Mares boxed beautifully against Perez and Vic. He can do it all and against Moreno showed he can come forward and be a pressure fighter.

I do see Donaire beating both Santa Cruz and Mares but I think Santa Cruz gives him a tougher fight because of the chin and pressure. We have yet to see Donaire pressured and hit hard and Santa Cruz will do that.

darchinyan did try to bully donaire that proved to be a bad idea, and we all know how hard darchinyan hits especially in the lower divisions. i don't get all these notions about pressuring donaire. a guy like donaire who has good speed and power on both hands, a good counterpuncher with good footwork and who can read and anticipates his opponent's attack...that's the last fighter you want to pressure. his counters are explosive and he only needs a small opening for that. basically he can get to you before you can get to him.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall
        Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1520

darchinyan did try to bully donaire that proved to be a bad idea, and we all know how hard darchinyan hits especially in the lower divisions. i don't get all these notions about pressuring donaire. a guy like donaire who has good speed and power on both hands, a good counterpuncher with good footwork and who can read and anticipates his opponent's attack...that's the last fighter you want to pressure. his counters are explosive and he only needs a small opening for that. basically he can get to you before you can get to him.
        So how does a fighter beat Donaire?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Santa Cruz gained a new fan on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post

a moreno with good power can beat donaire...too bad moreno doesn't have it.

Comment

santa cruz looks good...

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                Vic is a much different fighter than Santa Cruz. He is awkward but doesn't give you the relentless pressure with incredible body work that Santa Cruz does.

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post

There's a few ways but it's WHO that's the better question. If you want a slick boxer from the outside, he needs to be incredibly skilled, I don't see that guy out there at that weight class. Maybe Rigo by points but it would be hard.

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                a moreno with good power can beat donaire...too bad moreno doesn't have it.
                Yes but is that guy out there? I don't see him.

Comment

So rigo doesn't belong in this discussion?

Comment

I think Nonito and Santa Cruz are the two guys that can beat Mares. Santa Cruz will match you punch for punch and then some and Nonito has the power to keep you honest. If any of these fights got made it would be must see tv.

Comment

Working...
                    X