Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Carlos "King" Molina the most underrated MW in the world???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Was he now?? I missed quite a few fights tbh. I'm rather rusty in the knowledge department. Not surprising that he was beating Vanes. I did hear he also did a lot of running. Not surprising though Vanes has underrated power.
    It was very ugly, especially early, but in the last three or four rounds before Vanes's cut stopped the fight Lara was handling him pretty well. Shocked that the judges scored it a draw, Vanes had won 2 or 3 rounds at most. Lara was never running, he was clinching and there were headbutts he should be blamed for, but he never ran.

Comment

Molina is the kinda guy that can't be judge off of one fight. He is capable of putting on more entertaining performances than he did against Kirkland. I find it impressive that he's able to make fights competitive even without the bonus of having power. His fights can get ugly, but if you're not prepared for him physically/mentally, it will definitely show because his style can take the fight outta you.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 01-14-2013, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Molina is the kinda guy that can't be judge off of one fight. He is capable of putting on more entertaining performances than he did against Kirkland. I find it impressive that he's able to make fights competitive even without the bonus of having power. His fights can get ugly, but if you're not prepared for him physically/mentally, it will definitely show because his style can take the fight outta you.
        I'm fairly certain he fought Kirkland that way because of Kirkland's power. And who can honestly blame him??

Comment

Molina is a great technician and fundamentally sound boxer. I like watching him but he has no one to blame but himself for the position he's in.

The Kirkland fight was his chance on the big stage as a co-feature bout on HBO. He did what he was supposed to do. He schooled Kirkland for the majority of the fight but it was mad ugly. The amount of clinching he got away with in that fight was ridiculous. I understand his strategy was to smother the powerful/explosive Kirkland and not let him get off. But fans don't want to see that ****.

There are several talented boxers who master their craft and there are certain fans who can appreciate the sweet science. But at the same time, fights need to sell tickets, gain viewers and make money. And the way Molina fought against Kirkland, fans are not eager to see him fight again.

It takes more than just pure skill and ability to be successful in the fight game. You got to bring excitement and make fans want to pay money to see you compete. A lot of these guys like Molina and Lara need to learn how to use their talents to create offense and generate more excitement. And it can be done. The highest paid athlete in the world is a technician.

Comment

Working...
          X