Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Amatuer boxing like

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

before you think about taking an amateur fight, you need to try boxing.

you can't even wrap your hands, yet, man. you don't know hojw you're going to like boxing until you try it.

some people literally get hit and go home.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Not only the headgear doesn't diminish the impact of the punches, some studies show it actually increases it. And yes you can get KO'd with headgear and 12Oz gloves on, I don't mean just going down for the count or being staggered and the ref waves it off, I mean getting put to sleep. Happened at my gym.

lol. studies, you say?

headgear diminishes the impact of punches. it spreads the area of impact, and slows down the rate of deceleration.

don't spar without it.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        lol. studies, you say?

headgear diminishes the impact of punches. it spreads the area of impact, and slows down the rate of deceleration.

don't spar without it.
        Nah, believe it or not its true. I know it seems counter intuitive. The Knockout is caused by the force of the mass of your head moving jarring your brain, the headgear raises the weight of your head and thusly causes more brain injury when it is moved. The study he's referring to found that at the elite level fighters with head gear were more often concussed than fighters without it. Word is that the next olympic games they'll be ditching the headgear because of this. Headgear mostly protects against cuts and bruises. So it feels like it hurts less when your boxing which leads to the feeling that your being damaged less when in reality your brain is taking more of a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          lol. studies, you say?

don't spar without it.
          Yes, studies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-injuries.html

I still wouldn't spar without because I don't wanna get cut or bruised.

Comment

Working...
          X