No announcement yet.

WBC's Jose Sulaiman "Mayweather To Be Stripped of Title Belt"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBC's Jose Sulaiman "Mayweather To Be Stripped of Title Belt"

the WBC welterweight champion mayweather may be stripped of his title in just over two weeks if he doesn’t attend the upcoming WBC Convention and explain (more like buy off) his position to president jose sulaiman.

this is welcome news considering mayweather has not defended the belt in a record breaking 14 months, not to mentioned he had to sucker punch his way to earn the belt (how come the WBC never ordered a rematch?).

in any case, once mayweather get's stripped, the belt will mostly be handed to berto after he demolishes the WBC interim champion, guerrero. berto is a solid welterweight and can stir up the somewhat stale division. i can even see berto beating the so called paper champions today, alexander (IBF), bradley (WBO) and malignaggi (WBA).

your thoughts?

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
    the WBC welterweight champion mayweather may be stripped of his title in just over two weeks if he doesn’t attend the upcoming WBC Convention and explain (more like buy off) his position to president jose sulaiman.

this is welcome news considering mayweather has not defended the belt in a record breaking 14 months, not to mentioned he had to sucker punch his way to earn the belt (how come the WBC never ordered a rematch?).

in any case, once mayweather get's stripped, the belt will mostly be handed to berto after he demolishes the WBC interim champion, guerrero. berto is a solid welterweight and can stir up the somewhat stale division. i can even see berto beating the so called paper champions today, alexander (IBF), bradley (WBO) and malignaggi (WBA).

your thoughts?
    any chance you have a source?

Comment

I think he should have been stripped cause they strip other fighters damn near immediately....

Comment

wbc is **** everyone knows this

Comment

Originally posted by ToPRaNK View Post
          any chance you have a source?
          i've read it on some boxing forum, i tried to search about it on the WBC website and i saw their convention happens every year round about november.

Comment

Last I heard Alvarez had the WBC belt and Mayweather had the WBA.

Unless Suliman and the WBC stips WBA champions now.

Comment

Theyre talking about the belt he took from Ortiz at WW not Cottos, hes has 6 months on that one so far.

Comment

so basically theres no official source

another typical thread

Comment

Doubt he'll care. It's all about money for Mayweather, not titles.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson8 View Post
                    Last I heard Alvarez had the WBC belt and Mayweather had the WBA.

Unless Suliman and the WBC stips WBA champions now.
                    WBA Junior middleweight
                    WBC Welterweight

Comment

Working...
                    X