Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardest kicker vs. Hardest puncher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

punchers are born but no mistake they can also be made!

Comment

Yeah Leg muscles are alot stronger than arm muscles, but more of a Haymaker comes from your legs than a roundouse kick does...Punches can be harder, Earnie Shavers deffinently has the hardest strikes in history either way.

Comment

A hard kick is harder than a hard punch, given equal sized fighters, but also much harder to land. Just as in punching, some kickers are naturally better than others. The rules make the fights. We aren't talking "reality" here....

Comment

Definetly a kick. And I will admit to my kicks being better then my punches. I can put an apple on your head and knock it off clean withouht ever touching your head.

THe problem with kicks is that it drains your energy big time. A couple of hard kicks on the bag and I really feel draiend sometimes.

Plus the older I get the more I have to stretch. I once took a month long brake from any leg exercises or stretching and it took me 2 weeks of stretching to do the splits again

Comment

cro cop has the most powerful kick in MMA

Comment

i would think a kick would be harder due that your quad being the biggest muscle you have and thats it really...

Comment

Anyone that thinks the hardest punch is more powerful then the hardest kick is deluded... a prime peter aerts head kick... no punching power can compare.

Comment

Originally posted by paul750
                  yeah a kick is a lot harder than a punch, the leg is a much more powerful weapon than the arm, it's a lot stronger, if you watch some of the old bruce lee footage you wiil see just how powerful it can be, a lot more powerful than a very hard punch
                  Please do not use BRUCE LEE as an example for kicking, he had a decent set of kicks but does not compare favourably with the K-1 guys, kyokushin boys, and Muay Thai exponents

Comment

I thai box, and i'd put it this way.

A punch is to kick as a knife is to a chair.

Punches are more accurate and more controllably, and can do just as much damage. But a Kick is like a blunt force, and it can create lots of openings. A Punch to the arm or shoulder from the side won't knock anyone down. A good roundhouse will knock a man off his feet, regardless of where it hits.

When i spar, i usually kick on the outside and use my arms as a guard. My legs aren't that strong, however.

When my coach spars with us, he throws a kick, and you'll literally stumble backwards or the side. Then he'll step in and throw a hook or an upper.

Lights out.

Comment

kicks are more powerful but they are also slower, the easiest way to deal with a kicker is to get close then they really cant do much

Comment

Working...
                      X