No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos/Weights: Juanma, Gonzalez, Arroyo, Verdejo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos/Weights: Juanma, Gonzalez, Arroyo, Verdejo

CAGUAS, PUERTO RICO- Former two time world champion Juan Manuel “Juanma” Lopez weighed today 134 pounds, seven days before his return to the ring on February 2 at the Ruben Rodriguez Coliseum when he faces Aldimar Silva Santos in a PR Best Boxing Promotions (PRBBP) presentation in association with Top Rank, to be broadcasted live and exclusively on DIRECTV Pay Per View in Puerto Rico and the United States. [Click Here To Read More]

On ppv huh, good luck with dat.

Comment

i forgot about juanma fighting soon,i guess those things happen when you lose like he has,the press just doesn't talk about you that much anymore,but ppv nah,wont get that

Comment

other than Lopez these young/good looking guys need 2 get otu of the WBO umbrella,off the island & get some real competition...

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
          i forgot about juanma fighting soon,i guess those things happen when you lose like he has,the press just doesn't talk about you that much anymore,but ppv nah,wont get that
          Plus, JuanMa was suspended for a minute. People forget about you.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
            other than Lopez these young/good looking guys need 2 get otu of the WBO umbrella,off the island & get some real competition...
            all but gonzalez have very few fights,gonzalez at this stage maybe he should step up a little,maybe someone in the top 15 or an opponent who has fought a champion before but isn't that good,someone like that(experience)

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Plus, JuanMa was suspended for a minute. People forget about you.
              what did you think of salido/Garcia? I remember reading some of your comments about how salido had the experience thing and about his losses coming early in his career,i agreed with that I just didn't think Garcia was going to win like this,although I will say to me it seems like Garcia was fading a bit and it seems his stamina isn't as great as some other fighters

Comment

Sad state of affairs in PR. Maybe Verdejo will amount to something.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                  They need to cut ties with PR Best. They are feeding them guys with no skills and they dont develop their skills. The Arroyo twins were very good amateur and should be fighting better competition than what they are going to face.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                    what did you think of salido/Garcia? I remember reading some of your comments about how salido had the experience thing and about his losses coming early in his career,i agreed with that I just didn't think Garcia was going to win like this,although I will say to me it seems like Garcia was fading a bit and it seems his stamina isn't as great as some other fighters
                    First, let me copy/paste this post I made before the fight:

Salido is going to get hit. His defense is underrated perhaps, but it's still a fight, and he's very aggressive. I can see Orlando on the canvass at least once in this bout. But he won't be there long. He'll climb off, as he always has, and test Mikey's will over and over. That's where Salido will win this fight. Garcia will get hit in return and go down, eventually. This is going to be a war. No doubt about it. Salido's been there, done that; Mikey hasn't. Who would you bet on to make it out alive?

I was surprised, but not shocked, with Mikey's performance. I always knew the kid was good, but he was untested. As you can see, I anticipated Salido touching the canvass and coming back time and time again. Where I thought Orlando would impose his will would've been in the championship rounds. Of course, we'll never know what happened because the fight was stopped early.

Comment

Working...
                    X