No announcement yet.

FAO Atheists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    Thats what i meant. I didnt post it quick enough because i was thinking of something witty to say.

Its not like i can mess up this thread. It began as a big cake of shit, and so it remains.

I say, believe what u want, just dont think it has any relevance to me or anyone who lives outside of your mind.
    just because you've never experienced or can't understand something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
      Feelings are evidence.

There are two sides to our brains. The one that channels reality through our 5 physical senses, and the other side that perceives reality through our other senses.

the latter side interprets on another dimension of thought, such so that it can't be explained or accurately translated on the analytical dimension of thought.
      I suppose one could make the case that emotion equals evidence, but in regard to your comparison of love to God, I wholly disagree.

You see, as barnburner already pointed out, there is a biological basis for love. The feeling of love has been thoroughly studied by evolutionary biologists, anthropologists, and neuroscientists .

Rather than break it all down myself, I would refer you to this link that covers the basics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_basis_of_love

Now God, on the other hand, isn't a feeling. At least, he's never been deemed as such by any of his followers : Christians, Muslims, Jews, Budhists, etc.. All believe in a specific deity - A (or several) ruling God(s).

So if you're attempting to make the case that God is a feeling and not a deity, well then, the overwhelming majority of the faithful would disagree with you on that.

Going further : If God is a feeling, why the existence of so many Atheists? Where did our "God feeling" go?

Comment

Just because you can't put a definition on something doesn't mean it can't be real.

You guys are always asking us for proof and asking us why we believe, and then attack us when we can't explain it accurately.

How can anyone define something that must be felt. That's like asking someone how being in love feels like, and if i cant accurately describe what love is because it's indescribable(like God) it must not be real?
        Love can be tested and measured with science. Chemicals in the body and hormones change and increase and allow us to demonstratively show proof it exists. There is no scientific or demonstrable proof of a god.

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I don't see why a believer in God feels the need to debate those who don't. It always ends up in insults and disrespect thrown around. If a man wants to believe that human beings are the pinnacle of creation, then let him.
        In Christianity it's a tenant to proselytize.

Ok i'm just gonna let this thread blossom lol.

The last thing I'll say is that, just because you've never experienced something, doesn't mean it can't be real.
        We don't need to see it to be real, other things are real that can' t be seen, heard, touched or felt but we do need to substantiate their existence with scientific proof. For example we can't "see" gravity but we know it exists because of the effects it has on our bodies and objects within the atmosphere of our planet. It coincides with the laws of physics we know to be true.

There is no evidence of a god or being that is outside of space and time as so many believers claim. Even if there is, how can you test him or prove him?

You can't, so at the end of the day you believe something you can't test or prove and we don't. That's where "Faith" comes in which is believing in something where there is no proof and I can't do that because I'm not gullible.

Comment

Ok i'm just gonna let this thread blossom lol.

The last thing I'll say is that, just because you've never experienced something, doesn't mean it can't be real.
          "Reality is that which doesnt disappear when you stop believing in it. "

I think for atheists, there is no reason to believe God is real, plus there are many reasons why people believe in things we now know arent real.
          We understand how easily people can be fooled, deluded, indoctrinated or become superstitious.

To judge what is real from what is not real, we have to weigh up all the evidence. And when it comes to God, there isnt any evidence, plus, like i said, we have many explanations why people of all cultures throughout history have firmly believed in many strange things.

Comment

This thread isn't about God, I was just using God as an example.

Comment

If i feel unicorns are real, does that makes them real? You cant explain my feelings

Comment

This thread isn't about God.When you only believe what you can see; then those who program what you see, program what you believe.
                Nobody believes in only what you see, that's an absurd statement and I don't know what that has to do with Atheism.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  If i believe unicorns are real, does that makes them real?
                  Depends on how strongly you feel about it.

Comment

Wait, this is a thread about strokes now?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      Wait, this is a thread about strokes now?
                      If you believe it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X