No announcement yet.

David Haye is simply out of options, Checkmate by Team Klitshcko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Haye is simply out of options, Checkmate by Team Klitshcko

Let me start by saying I am a fan of David Haye, and do not think he avoided them out of cowardice. If you've been on the HW threads the past year, you'll see I'm one of his biggest defenders. I have not turned my back on him, I like Wlad and Haye both. But in light of whats happened this week, here are my thoughts:

It's time for him to change his attitude if he wants to save his career. I realize he's got the WBA title. I realize that financially he may be a bigger draw than either Klitschko. I realize that his attitude and style have brought a little attention back to the division. And i've always sympathized with his argument. But none of that **** matters now.

Why? Because he's out of options. Wlad and Vitali have signed the two most truely viable heavyweight opponents in Solis and Adamek. Haye has no one to fight.

Here's a realistics list of Haye's options:

Denis Boystov - (WBA #2) - Solid young fighter, but unknown. And he is out with yet another hand injury.

So forget Boystov.

Alexander Povetkin (WBA #3) - Just fired his trainer and was injured in his last fight. I don't think anyone would believe Haye's or Povetkin's people are interested in taking the risk.

So forget Povetkin.

Nicolay Valuev - (WBA #6) - Haye owes him a rematch, but it's uncertain if Nikolay wil ever return to the ring. The first fight was also so god-awful I don't see this getting made.

Forget Valuev.

Jean Marc Mormek (WBA #8) - Recently called out Haye for a rematch. The first fight was a pretty good scrap, but Mormek has done nothing at heavyweight.

Mormek, perhaps? REALLY?

Who else? Hasim Rahman is ranked #5 and is a former champ, and Robert Helenius, WBA #11, has a European title (right?)

Outside of Povetkin, which is very unlikely to happen, all of these fights are ****ing awful. It's time for Haye to swallow his pride and do everything in his power to fight Wladimir in July. Maybe he should get into contact with HBO and see if they're interested in forking over any cash to broadcast a fight with Chagaev or whoever in America in April?

Haye now has to go to his knees and beg if he wants to get the Klitschko payday and be able to retire with "his head held high." I am throughly impressed.

Well played, Team Klitschko. Well played.
    Last edited by paulf; 01-11-2011, 02:06 PM.

Not sure I follow the logic. It should be Klitschko vs Haye NOW. Haye was willing to do that. Klitschko not so much. So yeah, Klitchko FUCKED him over by signing to fight Chisora, Adamek and the brother gets Solis, but that's still a duck move.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      Not sure I follow the logic. It should be Klitschko vs Haye NOW. Haye was willing to do that. Klitschko not so much. So yeah, Klitchko FUCKED him over by signing to fight Chisora, Adamek and the brother gets Solis, but that's still a duck move.
      I want this fight more than any other fight in boxing. But you know? Haye is the one that started playing the silly games. I completely agreed with his argument about the money side, but he did pull out of two fights and wasted a lot of Wlad and Vitali's time.

Now Wlad is playing him and I can't say he doesn't deserve it.

Comment

He should have just agreed to the July fight, I don't see the problem even if he had to take a mando, big deal if he is as good as he and some ppl think should be easy right?

Wlad was willing to go through 2 fights and training camps back to back.

Comment

Chris Arreola would be a good fight. Have that in America and on HBO. That's pretty much the only acceptable fight here.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            I want this fight more than any other fight in boxing. But you know? Haye is the one that started playing the silly games. I completely agreed with his argument about the money side, but he did pull out of two fights and wasted a lot of Wlad and Vitali's time.

Now Wlad is playing him and I can't say he doesn't deserve it.
            Excellent post. Besides, Adamek is getting the Wlad fight, and he deserves it WAY MORE than Haye does.

Comment

Haye's got to fight his mandatory so he can't fight anyone until that is out the way. Thanks Wlad you ****ed up the 2nd biggest fight in boxing because you want to fight Chisora.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                I realize that financially he may be a bigger draw than either Klitschko.
                No, he's not.

That's why Adamek is fighting a Klitschko and not Haye, because he receives a bigger payday than if he fought Haye in Poland.

Haye has no fans outside the UK, except for those very few gays, mostly in the US, who find him attractive.
                Last edited by The Hammer; 01-11-2011, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Tunney- View Post
                  No, he's not.

That's why Adamek is fighting a Klitschko and not Haye, because he receives a bigger payday that if he fought Haye in Poland.

Haye has no fans outside the UK, excepts for a very few gay boys in the US who find him attractive.
                  GTFO Haye is easily a bigger draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
                    Haye's got to fight his mandatory so he can't fight anyone until that is out the way. Thanks Wlad you ****ed up the 2nd biggest fight in boxing because you want to fight Chisora.
                    stfu u ******. are you blind? go curse on Khan that he didn't let klits and your ****** fight on April, or write an official letter to Sky, cuz they dont have other date.

otherwise your David wouldnt fight for no money.. ala 2009. you seriously pissing me off, blindless ****

Comment

Working...
                    X