Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan: If Brook Beats Alexander, Then I'll Fight Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan: If Brook Beats Alexander, Then I'll Fight Him!

Former champion Amir Khan (26-3, 18KOs) is going to be an interested party in the welterweight collision between IBF champion Devon Alexander (24-1, 13KOs) and mandatory challenger Kell Brook (29-0, 19KOs). As BoxingScene.com first reported on Saturday, a deal was reached for an Alexander-Brook battle for January 19th in the United States. Showtime will televise.

[Click Here To Read More]

Someone should tape khans mouth shut. Danny Garcia knocked him ou with one punch practically why does he think he's on another level?

Comment

So what would the purse split be, given that Brook would hold a belt and Khan wouldn't?

Comment

Wait! Alexander-Brooks is a done deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Wait! Alexander-Brooks is a done deal?
          Looks like it, they just need to decide on a venue in the States and Schaffer said that should be done by next week.

Comment

Alexander would be a harder fight than Khan.

I think a fight with Alexander would go 12 (Brook winning), Khan would get stopped early by Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
              Looks like it, they just need to decide on a venue in the States and Schaffer said that should be done by next week.
              Thanks, that was quick though.. Positive but quick, Hope this fight happens in Vegas because Brooks might struggle to get a decision in st'louis.

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              Alexander would be a harder fight than Khan.

I think a fight with Alexander would go 12 (Brook winning), Khan would get stopped early by Brook.
              Yep, I see Brook KO'in Khan if he gets by Devon.

Comment

That would be a good fight and a very tough one for Khan as his first step up to 147.

One thing I would have liked Khan to conclude with is something like

"..but for now I'm fully focused on Carlos Molina and that's the only fight that matters to me. I'm never going to overlook an opponent again."

Comment

LOL, if Brook beats Alexander, he'll matter a hell of a lot more than Khan does.

Comment

If the fight is in St. Louis, there's no way Brook will win.

If Brook has a belt though, the split should be 50-50 between him and Khan. Khan still attracts much more interest than Brook regardless of what haters like to think.

But I agree in principle Brook deserves more since he would be a champion in a weight that he's at least been campaigning in unlike Khan. But as we know purse splits are about who generates the most interest.
                    Last edited by GG Magic; 11-11-2012, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X