Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can Pac do to counter JMM's strategy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can Pac do to counter JMM's strategy?

Feel free to input your own opinion. Here is mine.

Pacquiao must not let Marquez step on his lead right foot, like on the 3rd fight, he does that on his offense so Pac cannot side step, in and out, lateral, etc, it limits Pac's defensive move and it prevents pac from moving his lead foot outside. But mostly so it limits Pac's defensive footwork. Pac needs to prevent Marquez from stepping on his lead foot.

Marquez likes to establish left lead foot outside so he can slip/bob to his left to avoid Pac's left, then he counters. Or steps on Pac's right lead foot when he is on offense.

I know establishing lead foot outside sometimes is not a big beal to some boxers, but for this fight imo, since it is an essential move for JMM because he slips/bobs to his left with his lead foot outside to avoid Pac's left, and also so that they move clockwise to his advantage, also so he can pivot (right), again, to avoid the left. So i think for this fight It is essential for Pac to establish his lead foot outside so his lateral move is not hindered, especially the right lateral move, also so that they are moving counter clockwise, instead of clockwise.

If my hunch is correct. If Pac does what i think or hope he will do in this fight it will be a long night for JMM, or a short night.

I might add more.
    Last edited by woopwoop; 10-31-2012, 10:46 AM.

he can potshot and be defensively aware, not what i'd like to see from manny, wouldn't be manny anymore, but i think it's a start to beating marquez

i dont think i've seen manny miss while throwing that potshotting left cross, it'd also force juan to come to pacquiao, and that's when juan gets hurt

ya know, instead of trying to land a huge cross, going off balance and getting countered
    he shouldn't worry about punching through marquez, but keep him at the end of his punches, this is boxing 101, how they teach you to hit the heavybag and stuff, hate it to be honest, i wanna ko people, and thus i do

Comment

first, he can NOT go on FACEOFF and give away his strategy...that's for starters

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        first, he can NOT go on FACEOFF and give away his strategy...that's for starters
        i don't know what you mean. Lol

Comment

More feints..

Comment

Originally posted by Defututus View Post
            he can potshot and be defensively aware, not what i'd like to see from manny, wouldn't be manny anymore, but i think it's a start to beating marquez

i dont think i've seen manny miss while throwing that potshotting left cross, it'd also force juan to come to pacquiao, and that's when juan gets hurt

ya know, instead of trying to land a huge cross, going off balance and getting countered
            he shouldn't worry about punching through marquez, but keep him at the end of his punches, this is boxing 101, how they teach you to hit the heavybag and stuff, hate it to be honest, i wanna ko people, and thus i do
            We have seen manny wait for jmm in the third fight, didnt work, remember the first round. Manny just went back to more offense

I like the potshotting left cross that you said, its effective because he sides step to his right when throws it, his lead right foot is outside. But marquez likes to slip/bob to his left. I think Thats why we didnt see many of those against marquez, i guess to add to the variety, it would not hurt to throw once in while.

Comment

It is tough because I don't think Manny can really change and JMM knows him back to front. Plus I don't think Roach can really change Manny any more at this point.

So if Manny tried to do something radically different he will likely find himself in trouble because he won't be fighting his fight, which will result in Manny thinking which will only slow him down against JMM which he certainly doesn't need.

Manny just has to go and do his thing keeping his game as tight as possible thus giving JMM as few opportunities as possible, plus maybe tie up a bit after his bursts of offense. I know people don't like grappling and really Manny doesn't fight like that but I do think some holding could really throw off JMM's rhythm and mess up his whole countering plan.

Comment

lol Marquez was saying he was going to attack Pacquiao and go for the KO.

Roach believed it and told Pacquiao to counter punch while openly telling Marquez their strategy.

what?

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  It is tough because I don't think Manny can really change and JMM knows him back to front. Plus I don't think Roach can really change Manny any more at this point.

So if Manny tried to do something radically different he will likely find himself in trouble because he won't be fighting his fight, which will result in Manny thinking which will only slow him down against JMM which he certainly doesn't need.

Manny just has to go and do his thing keeping his game as tight as possible thus giving JMM as few opportunities as possible, plus maybe tie up a bit after his bursts of offense. I know people don't like grappling and really Manny doesn't fight like that but I do think some holding could really throw off JMM's rhythm and mess up his whole countering plan.

Tie him up, i like like that. But thats not Manny probably wont happen. Letting manny do his thing? Same thing? imo, he will lose. He has to adapt. The things i mentioned are very basic, imo, nothing radical. I think he can do those things.

Comment

Originally posted by woopwoop View Post
                    Tie him up, i like like that. But thats not Manny probably wont happen. Letting manny do his thing? Same thing? imo, he will lose. He has to adapt. The things i mentioned are very basic, imo, nothing radical. I think he can do those things.
                    I think the holding thing is a logical and easy adaptation, plus since Manny like never does that it would really surprise JMM. Plus that would be an easy switch fight your fight until you get in close then grab after you are done, people will probably be pissed if Manny fights like that but I think that will win him the fight.

To me your plan would have Manny thinking to much and Manny is not a thinking man fighter, he is a guy who has to just do his thing. If he ends up in a thinking fight he loses to JMM. I certainly think Manny could do that stuff though but it would take a lot of time for that to become second nature, so if he can't just do that stuff without thinking about it to me it would hurt Manny more than help him against JMM.

I do think Manny will do a better job this time, even if he just does his thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X