No announcement yet.

WADA Does NOT - Repeat NOT - Perform Olympic Style Testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WADA Does NOT - Repeat NOT - Perform Olympic Style Testing

First of all, I see a bunch of people saying "Yeah, let WADA do the testing".

CORRECTION: WADA DOES NOT PERFORM TESTING. WADA is a standards-setting organization. They are an ADMINISTRATIVE body, not an operational firm. WADA entrusts/empowers the RADOs (ahem, like USADA) to perform the testing.

WADA ensures consistency, determines what drugs will be banned, approves the laboratories, etc. BUT THEY DO NOT DO TESTING.

SO STOP SAYING THAT YOU WANT WADA TO DO THE TESTING.

Now, What Testing Organization - OTHER THAN USADA - Can Conduct OST in The U.S?? I'm listening.

I hear people saying that "well, let the UK Anti-Doping Agency run it". You do realize that it isn't that easy/cheap to have people without work permits (?!) come to the US to work... right? People without the proper licensing (?!) to take and collect blood.

So... PLEASE: What experienced, competent organization - OTHER THAN USADA - should handle the Olympic Style Testing in California (Manny) and Nevada (Floyd)?

Jeez. How uneducated can you be?

Last edited by Gino Ros; 07-09-2011, 03:39 PM.

link ? , this guy has no credibility

Comment

Yeah Im going to stick around in this thread.

Comment

Again...
        Mayweather changed his stance Saturday, moving off the hard line he had taken on using USADA as the testing agency.

"We are OK to move off USADA," Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who is representing Mayweather, told ESPN.com. "What we're saying, and what is important to us, is four things -- that the tests be random, that they include blood and urine and the time frame, meaning when do you stop the tests before the fight but know they will still be effective. Three of them we have agreed on -- random, blood and urine. So now it is a matter of the two sides working out the specifics of the cutoff date to assure it will still be effective."

Schaefer said those talks are taking place between Bruce Binkow, a high-level Golden Boy executive, and Todd duBoef, the president of Top Rank, Pacquiao's promoter.

"Todd and Bruce are trying to work out the specifics of the cutoff to assure the tests are still effective because we know that 30 days before is not effective," Schaefer said. "At 30 days, we might as well not even do it. We want to figure it out [the cutoff window] and I will give my recommendation to Team Mayweather, and they will be on board. USADA is the most recognized one, but if it's another one, like the Nevada commission, we don't really care. I don't care who performs the tests as long as they are performed. That's our position. If this fight doesn't happen it's not because of Team Mayweather."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4772853

So unless Floyd/GBP move the goal posts inexplicably again... what's the problem?

They got the random, unlimited testing that's supposedly prevented Floyd from fighting Pacquiao (). So let the commission, aka the organization that has authority over the match, conduct the testing with WADA overseeing them. Problem solved.

Let's get it on

Comment

http://www.wada-ama.org/en/About-WADA/

someone please point out to me where WADA it's self states they perform testing.

Comment

yes arum knows this thats why he said WADA

he's a tricky bastard

Comment

Originally posted by eklok View Post
              link ? , this guy has no credibility

Dumbass, Who would WADA be testing? A "world citizen"?

If you are Australian, you get tested by the Australian or Oceanisc (or whatever) testing body. If you are German, you get tested by the GNADA.

Are you a Filipino?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                Again...

They got the random, unlimited testing that's supposedly prevented Floyd from fighting Pacquiao (). So let the commission, aka the organization that has authority over the match, conduct the testing with WADA overseeing them. Problem solved.

Let's get it on
                Prince,

AGAIN, just tell us who - IF NOT USADA - should perform the testing.

That's all I ask.

Don't say "WADA" like an idiot. Because USADA performs the testing FOR WADA.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post

First of all, I see a bunch of people saying "Yeah, let WADA do the testing".

CORRECTION: WADA DOES NOT PERFORM TESTING. WADA is a standards-setting organization. They are an ADMINISTRATIVE body, not an operational firm. WADA entrusts/empowers the RADOs (ahem, like USADA) to perform the testing.

WADA ensures consistency, determines what drugs will be banned, approves the laboratories, etc. BUT THEY DO NOT DO TESTING.

SO STOP SAYING THAT YOU WANT WADA TO DO THE TESTING.

Now, What Testing Organization - OTHER THAN USADA - Can Conduct OST in The U.S?? I'm listening.

I hear people saying that "well, let the UK Anti-Doping Agency run it". You do realize that it isn't that easy/cheap to have people without work permits (?!) come to the US to work... right? People without the proper licensing (?!) to take and collect blood.

So... PLEASE: What experienced, competent organization - OTHER THAN USADA - should handle the Olympic Style Testing in California (Manny) and Nevada (Floyd)?

Jeez. How uneducated can you be?

Lol, people are just reaching, but if it makes them feel better let a foreign body do it...But they are just reaching..

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                    Prince,

AGAIN, just tell us who - IF NOT USADA - should perform the testing.

That's all I ask.

Don't say "WADA" like an idiot. Because USADA performs the testing FOR WADA.
                    Are you ****ing blind? The Nevada Commission.

Comment

Working...
                    X