Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Demolishes Delvin Rodriguez in Three

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delvin Rodriguez is not a terrible fighter. He's decent. Him and Trout are on a similar level, Trout obviously having the slight edge.

Trout is a fighter who would beat Mayweather. Styles make fights.

You can't read into it too much because of the quality of opposition but this much is for certain, last night's Cotto would have stopped Mayweather. Plain and simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by OJ Simpson View Post
      Trout is a fighter who would beat Mayweather. Styles make fights.

You can't read into it too much because of the quality of opposition but this much is for certain, last night's Cotto would have stopped Mayweather. Plain and simple.
      Neither beats MW... Trout would get outboxed and would encounter the same problems guys like JMM and Canelo encountered facing Floyd. The elusiveness, the counters and initiative disadvantage making them gunshy.

Cotto from sat... I was very impressed. Cotto from Saturday accounts for himself a bit better against Mayweather , but I have to believe he would get outboxed. But he would successfully pressure Floyd to the ropes more and do more work in general that the judges would notice. It would have been a tighter fight.

Sat's version of Cotto beats Trout by the way. I'm not going by who he beat (Delvin is a decent opponent, but just an opponent really), but by the eye test. The guy came in light to the weigh in, and he was lighter on his feet than I have seen him in a long time. His punches had alot more zip too and were sharper.

Comment

Working...
      X