Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the 5 LEAST deserving Boxers who were inducted into the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gatti, Willard, McGuigan, Danny Lopez are the ones that immediately came to mind. I've always said Bobby Chacon should be the baseline standard for those allowed in. Anyone less great than him should not be admitted.
    Last edited by Miburo; 03-27-2013, 11:21 PM.

Comment

McGuigan is in the hall of fame? Thats suprising!

Comment

Great posts by Mugwump and Stokely.

McGuigan isn't a HoF fighter when you look at his ring record alone, but taking into consideration his achievements outside the ring in somewhat helping unite the people of Northern Ireland during what was essentially war at it's peak is an incredible feat. In my opinion, he is more than deserving of being in the HoF because of that.

Comment

HW Titlists

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
          Jess Willard
          Ingemar Johannson
          James Braddock

In fact, it looks like if you held the heavyweight crown prior to the 70's you were an automatic inductee.
          There is a huge reason for that mate, before the 70's the HW title holder was the biggest name in sport, that title held a magical place. To have even held that title one fight meant FAME on a grand scale that no fighters today will ever have a hope of reaching. It was commonly believed that the HW title was the ULTIMATE in sport.

Comment

Yeah, I guess that belief ended after the whole Tyson/Holyfield era.

Comment

Working...
            X