Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why cant Freddy Roach teach inside fighting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    Does he have any fighters that can fight on the inside?or do they just throw flurries and move.and they they all lack defense
    Very strange when you consider that he learned how to train from Futch, the man who trained ATG inside fighter Frazier.

Comment

Chavez Jr would have learned how to fight inside from his daddy before he could learn it from roach. lol

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        chavez jr...
        //////////thread

Comment

Freddie the joke coach Roach lol, hilarious. Freddie is a good trainer but definitely overrated. Khan, Linares, JCC Jr and just as good as they were before he started training them. Kayode has made no progress and totally sucks, and Pac...well he is still basically the same fighter he was before Roach. Just bigger and stronger. I will be generous and say Roach helped him develop his right hand but that is it. Pac still gets hit just as much as he always has and still lacks fundamentals. Roach may have learned from Eddie Futch, but he is not Eddie Futch lol. Pac's success has been a product of TR matchmaking as much as it has been due to Roach's training. That is probably why Rigondeaux left Roach because as seasoned as an amateur background as he had, he saw Roach had nothing to really offer him. Watch Pac, Linares and Khan fight...they throw 2-4 punch flurries then back off...rinse....repeat. JCC jr is who he was before he met Roach, just bigger. In fact, I think all Roach's camp does is use Ariza to make fighters bigger, that is about it lol. All the hype over Roach is 100% due to Pacmania, nothing more. No one even knew who the hell he was before Pac got famous. I would rank Roach above Buddy McGirt but that is about it.

Comment

Khan cant cause then he risks getting hit and he cant take those blows he just cant..he reacts so bad to getting hit,he panics
            You say none of his fighters have defense, but I believe it's not a traditional defense. Alot of Roach's fighters use there legs and a high guard as defense.

It's a very good defense as long as a the opposition doesn't have as fast feet as you. Also i'm vert drunk so forgive me.

Comment

to me, Roach is just an average trainer that is blessed to be training very talented fighters. I really don't hear anything strategic from him in the corner during fights. I think that Emanuel Steward is far better at developing fighters and having a strategic fight plan. I truly think that Steward would be better for Khan. He's good at training taller fighters that have a reach advantage.

Comment

Does he have any fighters that can fight on the inside?or do they just throw flurries and move.and they they all lack defense
                I don't know Larry, perhaps you should contact the five time Trainer of the Year and tell him how it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  Hes a lot better than Roger...just leave it at that!
                  on what basis is he a better trainer than roger?

Have you trained with them? Do you even know their regimes?

Comment

Linares is a pretty good inside fighter

Comment

its funny how most memebers on here think they know it all.. i like the typical answer from them... oh so and so is just an "average" trainer.. or oh so and so is just an "average" fighter.. LOL! and then u ask them who they think is a good trainer and they go and name a trainer that trains their favorite fighter LOL.. remember kids, roach is trainer of the year for a reason. u just dont get these award for training fighters thats on a losing streak.
                      Last edited by PACsmash; 03-12-2012, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X