No announcement yet.

Guzman vs. Maidana (makes sense)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guzman vs. Maidana (makes sense)

Well, given the fact that Maidana just had a clear lost to Alexander and will be looking to get back in the mix at 140.....a fight with Guzman makes sense. As for Guzman he needs to beat someone like Maidana so he can make a little noise. I think it works out for both of them. What do you guys think and who wins?

For Guzman it does but maybe not Maidana. I'd love to see it though (and I think Guzman wins fairly easy).

I was thinking more realistically Guzman should fight the winner of Paris-Judah.

Comment

OR we could see him beat up the winner of Peterson/Khan!

Comment

If Maidana lost to Guzman, which is very possible, it would be the end of Marcos Maidana. He'd turn into another Ricardo Mayorga or Fernando Vargas no doubt.

I really see Maidana fighting the Matthysse-Soto winner or the Morales-Garcia winner. I see Guzman fighting the Paris-Judah winner.

Comment

Guzman easy!

Guzman has been calling out Maidana since he fought on his undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
            Well, given the fact that Maidana just had a clear lost to Alexander and will be looking to get back in the mix at 140.....a fight with Guzman makes sense. As for Guzman he needs to beat someone like Maidana so he can make a little noise. I think it works out for both of them. What do you guys think and who wins?
            That would be an epic fight! Straight war while it lasts but ring intelligence is Maidana's achilles heel and even though Guzman might not have much left, that's one thing he sure does still retain.

Comment

Id love to see this fight. It would be a pickem fight because of Maidanas blunt power punches, and Guzman has the speed and some decent pop as well. If you put a gun to my head, id have to choose Guzman tho. Great fight. Make it happen!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I like the matchup. Not sure who wins.

Comment

I don't think that fight makes much sense for Maidana, I don't need to see Maidana against a boxer like Guzman because I know Guzman is going to do his thing and Maidana isn't likely to do much about it.

Even if I was going to match Maidana tough I would be looking to get him in there with someone not know for their boxing acumen, that certainly would not be Guzman.

In fact Guzman might be the last guy on the list, infact I would probably tear his name off the list and eat it just so Maidana wouldn't get his name in his head.

Comment

Working...
                  X