• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    Gorves didn't touch the floor

He was still throwing

Froch lucked out
    Groves was winning the fight clearly landing clean shots almost at will and wasn't even wobbly at the time of the stoppage. Not sure why people keep saying Froch would have stopped him anyway. That was easily one of the WORST stoppages of the decade and people need to accept it. Groves got robbed and Froch lucked out. Hearns wins again!

Let's see if they can get Ward to fight in the UK now. lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Now that was a really quick hook, but I think Groves was definitely on the down slide in that fight he was in for a lot of punishment going forward.

Who knows maybe he could have pulled it out of the fire, but I don't think that is where the big part of the probabilities were because that is more Froch's game he can get out boxed (as shown on multiple occasions) but he normally finishes better than he starts
      Exactly, Groves dominated the first half of the fight but let's be honest, he was gassed in that round and a gassed fighter to Froch is like a big ****ing steak to a hungry lion. He was going to get eaten.

I had money on Groves btw so didn't want it stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Now that was a really quick hook, but I think Groves was definitely on the down slide in that fight he was in for a lot of punishment going forward.

Who knows maybe he could have pulled it out of the fire, but I don't think that is where the big part of the probabilities were because that is more Froch's game he can get out boxed (as shown on multiple occasions) but he normally finishes better than he starts
        That stoppage was ridiculous quick, I can see why someone would be upset.

Ref should've let Groves hit the ground or take a beating before stopping it.

Comment

He wasn't throwing back though & showed a lack of experience. He turned his back & hunched over, he has nobody to blame but himself. He fell into the ropes seconds after.

Maybe a tad premature but the ref only ''robbed'' Froch of a legitimate come from behind stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            He wasn't throwing back though & showed a lack of experience. He turned his back & hunched over, he has nobody to blame but himself. He fell into the ropes seconds after.

Maybe a tad premature but the ref only ''robbed'' Froch of a legitimate come from behind stoppage.
            He was throwing back.

Groves was hurt more in the Anderson fight. Froch was tired hardly had much in his punches, saying the KO was guaranteed is naive at best.

Comment

KO was definitely coming IMO.

Groves was hurt, tired, and had taken a lot of punishment.

Froch had 3 whole rounds and I doubt Groves would have made it out of there.

Rematch is due, Froch will stop him.

Comment

Let's just make assumptions on what you think would have happened, however Calzaghe/Manfredy was worse,

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

Aye, the truth right here ^.

Unfortunately NSB is flooded with irrational morons.

Comment

Premature stoppage again from a UK ref, however, Groves did have his back turned.

On the flip side, froch was taking over. Groves took some serious punches and could of been out of there if the fight went on. But who knows now, shame, it was such an amazing fight.

I was completely shocked at how well Groves did, even Ward didn't make Froch look that slow and defenseless. A rematch has to happen, wouldn't be surprised if it was in the US as well to showcase Groves for a possible ward clash if he won.

Props to Froch as well, he took a serious beating and kept coming the dude has an insane chin and recovery rate.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      KO was definitely coming IMO.

Groves was hurt, tired, and had taken a lot of punishment.

Froch had 3 whole rounds and I doubt Groves would have made it out of there.

Rematch is due, Froch will stop him.

Spot on, man.

Comment

Working...
                      X