Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments thread for- Arum: Move to June 9th and Let's Make a Deal!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
    What don't you get? GBP and Mayweather reps tried contacting Top Rank via a mediator. The mediator was told they were not interested in a fight and were pursuing a Marquez rematch. They have already tried contacting them to no avail. Mayweather then was forced to call them out via the media.
    That's old news. New news is Mayweather is Plan A for Pacquiao. Mayweather says this is the fight he wants and nothing else, then talk to someone that matters. If the only contention is the date, sit and discuss it and work out. I'm sure there's a simple solution to a simple problem. But don't go yapping to the media about your simple problem. Work it out like most normal people would do.

Comment

Originally posted by lacson View Post
      That's old news. New news is Mayweather is Plan A for Pacquiao.
      So publicly declaring an impossible date is a reasonable way to pursue "Plan A"?

Comment

Originally posted by winky's right View Post
        So publicly declaring an impossible date is a reasonable way to pursue "Plan A"?
        Only after the Cut plan failed , after the lets have a meeting plan failed , after the I want xmas and birthday party plan failed , after my answer in 48hrs plan failed ,,,,,,,,

So in all honesty the geniuses at Top Rank waited till all else failed before they set a impossible date .

Comment

If someone is really serious with negotiations, they will negotiate not broadcast things out in public. Broadcasting to the public is like whining, posturing, complaining. Go run to mommy for crying out loud. People who can't see thru the facade are idiots, or have the same mentality as the Mayweathers, a bunch of whiners.

If you really want something, go for it and get it done, simple stuff. Have a can do attitude for crying out loud.

Comment

What's so impossible about a date? Did they try changing his prison date to see if it will work out? The judge extended his date 5 months, so what's an extra month? At least go see the judge and try, stop making excuses. This is simple stuff. If the judge won't extend then whine, but at least try. People are talking as if it's impossible stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              They can fight in cell block h

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              u should post a thread for this. but wtf is this dubai ****??? this is an american fight, no way can this happen outside of the us.
              It's not like it never happened before.

Comment

Originally posted by lacson View Post
                What's so impossible about a date? Did they try changing his prison date to see if it will work out? The judge extended his date 5 months, so what's an extra month? At least go see the judge and try, stop making excuses. This is simple stuff. If the judge won't extend then whine, but at least try. People are talking as if it's impossible stuff.
                It's not about whether it's impossible or not. Hell it probably is possible. The point is, if Pacquiao's team really wants the fight, why are they making it this inconvenient? It seems like they're just doing it just to do it. I don't get it. There is no point for all of this. And plus, the prison date was already changed, and now you're telling them to change it a second time? Once again, this is just inconvenience. Let's say the judge allows Mayweather to change the date again. Judging from the pattern, what's to say that Arum won't postpone the fight for a later date again?

I mean, do you see the pattern? Mayweather sets a fight for May 5th. Arum wants June. Mayweather gets sentenced to jail for 3 months so May 5th won't work. Arum wants to fight on May 5th now against Marquez. Mayweather's sentence is postponed til June 1st, so he will be available on May 5th. Arum changes the date to early June, which is an impossible date. Now let's say the judge allows Mayweather to postpone the sentencing for a second time to let's say...July. Arum wants to _______________________. Judging from the pattern, you can fill in the blank.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                  It's not about whether it's impossible or not. Hell it probably is possible. The point is, if Pacquiao's team really wants the fight, why are they making it this inconvenient? It seems like they're just doing it just to do it. I don't get it. There is no point for all of this. And plus, the prison date was already changed, and now you're telling them to change it a second time? Once again, this is just inconvenience. Let's say the judge allows Mayweather to change the date again. Judging from the pattern, what's to say that Arum won't postpone the fight for a later date again?

I mean, do you see the pattern? Mayweather sets a fight for May 5th. Arum wants June. Mayweather gets sentenced to jail for 3 months so May 5th won't work. Arum wants to fight on May 5th now against Marquez. Mayweather's sentence is postponed til June 1st, so he will be available on May 5th. Arum changes the date to early June, which is an impossible date. Now let's say the judge allows Mayweather to postpone the sentencing for a second time to let's say...July. Arum wants to _______________________. Judging from the pattern, you can fill in the blank.
                  What's so complicated about end of may or june 9. If they need to setup temporary stadium for 45k people to maximize revenue, why not? If that amount of people will buy it, that's money in the pot, otherwise it's lost, you can't get that back. Just plain business sense. What's wrong with making sure Pacquiao's cut is well healed, it took something like 28 stitches. Even if Pacquiao says its ok, doctor still knows best.

Comment

Why do people give credence to this BS? The major media outlets need to be doing more against Arum/Team Pac doing this foolishness!

Imagine if Pacquiao had said he was running a congress campaign from June 1st or something and Mayweather started saying "let's fight June 9th"...imagine what people would be saying!

Every media outlet would have articles on how Floyd is a chicken and Pacquiao is such a God blah blah blah...its outrageous the double standards that are rife in boxing circles. In fact just look at the reaction and coverage and negative opinions Mayweather's supposed talks with guys like Matt Hatton, Malignaggi, Guerrero, etc received even though anyone with sense knew that these fights were NEVER gonna happen!

I like Pacquiao but he gets away with murder!!! and to be honest I am starting to like him less for all this stupidness.

Comment

Bob Arum is a old sad man...but i really dont understand it...he is 80+ got enoughmoney why he keep doing that? maybe he really got a deal with the devil and needs like 100 billion to get a endless life or something like that...

Comment

Working...
                      X