Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please explain to me the logic some of you have that Berto will beat Ortiz this time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please explain to me the logic some of you have that Berto will beat Ortiz this time?

I watched the first fight about four times. Ortiz dominated the whole fight and the only round that I scored for Berto was the second round where Ortiz just barely touched the canvas with his glove. I also considered the fact that Ortiz should have been granted an extra point for the first knock down from the right hook in the first round which was ruled as a slip. I mean come on; we all saw that Quintana dropped Berto with the same right hook that Ortiz dropped him with in the same exact round of each fight, and it was still ruled off? Berto only had one moment in the entire fight with Ortiz which was in the sixth round, but that was due to Ortiz pivoting his whole body while carelessly throwing a left cross. In the Mayweather fight I didn't see Ortiz do that same mistake even when the shot was open for him to do it. I went back and saw Berto's fight with Zaveck and nothing really changed with him technically or physically. Berto still fights too squared up, and doesn't have enough punch volume to keep up with an aggressive fight especially on the inside. Ortiz just repeated what Luis Collazo did, but added more pop to the technique which is what won him the fight. Berto never adjusted from that fight and he didn't adjust to that same style in the Ortiz fight. He will always fight in that squared up/orangatang looking style and all Ortiz has to do is use work that inside and be sharp on the outside. I don't see why people would think Berto wins this fight? I had the fight 10 rounds to 2 for Ortiz. Berto still looks like the same Berto, and Ortiz already has the confidence and experience to beat Berto. I still see Berto getting dropped in the first round. Tony Morgan is a ****ty trainer and we all know Danny Garcia has better knowledge than him as well. It could be that Mayweather ruined Ortiz's chin by those cheap shots, but he didn't have his feet planted so we don't know that yet. Explain to me why you think Berto will win please?

Ortiz will beat Berto again IMO

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
      Ortiz will beat Berto again IMO
      I think it's complete BS that ppl say Berto was not being Berto in that fight. He did drop Ortiz and managed to stay in the fight after getting dropped three times and one was ruled a slip?

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
        I think it's complete BS that ppl say Berto was not being Berto in that fight. He did drop Ortiz and managed to stay in the fight after getting dropped three times and one was ruled a slip?
        Berto is too easy to hit and he holds too much on the inside. Thats where Ortiz will win the fight IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
          Berto is too easy to hit and he holds too much on the inside. Thats where Ortiz will win the fight IMO.
          You nailed it on that one...no ****

Comment

First off, I picked Ortiz to win the first time.

But Ortiz seems to full of himself even though he just got KTFO. The only reason I picked Ortiz the first time is because Berto was prime for a loss picking on smaller fighters. It was bound to happen but I think it was the best thing thats ever happened to him. Its not like Ortiz smashed him either. He clearly won by a few rounds but it wasnt domination.

I think Berto learns from his mistakes and shows his growth as a fighter by KOing Ortiz in the rematch. Bookmark this thread homey.

Comment

I tabbed Ortiz to beat Berto as well. . . At 3-1 odds i couldn't help but take a piece of that action. . .

The ONLY thing Berto has on Ortiz is raw speed and power. . Ortiz is better on the outside, the inside, and everywhere in between. . . If berto wants to win he needs to take the risk of getting KO'd himself, and just make it an ugly brawling/clinch type fest. . . he NEEDS to clinch ortiz up on the inside or ortiz will smack him around again. . .

The first fight was A LOT more of a thorough beatdown than the scorecards reflect. . Berto won two, maybe three rounds. . This time Ortiz will have Berto holding his belt loop calling him papi. . .

Comment

I picked Ortiz in the first one (even made the Ortiz bandwagon thread before the fight) and I feel this time it's not even going to be competitive (not that the first was one, Ortiz ws dominating most of it) and Ortiz is going to stop Berto in the mid rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
                  I tabbed Ortiz to beat Berto as well. . . At 3-1 odds i couldn't help but take a piece of that action. . .

The ONLY thing Berto has on Ortiz is raw speed and power. . Ortiz is better on the outside, the inside, and everywhere in between. . . If berto wants to win he needs to take the risk of getting KO'd himself, and just make it an ugly brawling/clinch type fest. . . he NEEDS to clinch ortiz up on the inside or ortiz will smack him around again. . .

The first fight was A LOT more of a thorough beatdown than the scorecards reflect. . Berto won two, maybe three rounds. . This time Ortiz will have Berto holding his belt loop calling him papi. . .
                  Berto has better speed but they are pretty even as far as power goes IMO, Ortiz also has better combinations and an overall better game.

Comment

I have absolutely no problem with Ortiz, I just have a feeling Berto beats him this time, nothing against Ortiz though.

Comment

Working...
                    X