Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naseem Hamed or Antonio Tarver who place's higher on a all time great list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
    I agree Scott. But we can't discredit the KO altogether, he is an above average champion. Great fighter Tarver was, but Naz was special. Naz is one of those once in a lifetime guys.
    Quitter.

Hamed gave that word new meaning after MAB.

Comment

Hamed was a fraud who lost to the only fighter he fought that had a pulse.....then quit the game out of fear of being exposed again.

Poet

Comment

Naz and its not even close.
        Tarver was the best Lightheavy in the world for a year. Naz was the best featherweight in the world for over 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          Tarver was a good to very good fighter who essentially made his name in a weak division and then by beating a damaged version of Roy Jones. But he was nothing to get excited about and i wont be mentioning him to my kids and grandkids

Prince Naseem Hamed is another matter all together! He was a Great Fighter, not ATG but great nonetheless. The hardest hitting Feather weight that ever walked imo and at his best he had fantastic reflexes and agility to boot, one of a kind and so so exciting in and out of the ring, love him or hate him u WERE entertained! Naz was on the slide long before he lost to the Truely Great Prime Marco Antonio Barrera and anyone who has seen the documentry leading to that fight (Big Fight Little Prince?) knows Naz was not ready for that fight. No excuses the best man Did win but it wasnt the one sided ass whipping people remember, he had some moments in there even then.

Basically im saying NAZ >>> TARVER
          If that wasnt a one sided ass whoopin then what was. I dont remember him staggering MAB with all that power.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            Hamed was a fraud who lost to the only fighter he fought that had a pulse.....then quit the game out of fear of being exposed again.

Poet
            I have to agree with this. In my mind to be talked about as an ATG you have to, at the very least, be the best in your division for a while. Hamed, while entertaining, never reached a level to be included in ATG lists.

Will he be remembered? Sure. So will Gatti, and by extension Mickey Ward, and neither of them are ATGs.

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
              I have to agree with this. In my mind to be talked about as an ATG you have to, at the very least, be the best in your division for a while. Hamed, while entertaining, never reached a level to be included in ATG lists.

Will he be remembered? Sure. So will Gatti, and by extension Mickey Ward, and neither of them are ATGs.
              Naz isn't an ATG and maybe not even a HOF'er but I think it's difficult to argue that Antonio Tarver is greater than him.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                If that wasnt a one sided ass whoopin then what was. I dont remember him staggering MAB with all that power.
                Calzaghe vs Lacy was. Barrera spanked him and was a deserved winner but to hear people talk nowadays ud think he'd ran him outta the ring or shut him out but the truth is while outclassed Naz still did some scoring and the official cards read 115-112, 116-111 and 115-112 so it wasnt as bad as people say. Tho just to stress i agree the right man won and the better fighter won. And no he didnt stagger MAB with all that power but then i never said he did did i, and if u dont rate the mans punch power ur very misguided

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  Calzaghe vs Lacy was. Barrera spanked him and was a deserved winner but to hear people talk nowadays ud think he'd ran him outta the ring or shut him out but the truth is while outclassed Naz still did some scoring and the official cards read 115-112, 116-111 and 115-112 so it wasnt as bad as people say. Tho just to stress i agree the right man won and the better fighter won. And no he didnt stagger MAB with all that power but then i never said he did did i, and if u dont rate the mans punch power ur very misguided
                  The score was only that close because Barrera lost a point... Naseem may have won 2 or 3 rounds. That is a lopsided loss to me, Surgeon...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Naz isn't an ATG and maybe not even a HOF'er but I think it's difficult to argue that Antonio Tarver is greater than him.
                    It's true that Naz may not be inducted into the hall of fame. For me that kind of sucks. I think he's definitely hall of fame worth.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                      The score was only that close because Barrera lost a point... Naseem may have won 2 or 3 rounds. That is a lopsided loss to me, Surgeon...
                      Carlos i agree it was lopsided, but i remember it being one of the easiest beatdowns ever for a title and i think alot of others do too but it wasnt quite on that level. When was the last time u watched it, its not as bad as u remember im betting man.

Comment

Working...
                      X