Collapse
No announcement yet.

What site keeps up with UK ppv numbers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only PPV left in the UK is Sky Sports Box Office.

According to Eddie Hearn, Mayweather-Pacquaio was the biggest seller they've had, followed by Mayweather-Hatton which I believe was just under 1 million if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think Sky release their numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      Mayweather-Hatton did 1.4M. Hatton kept all the UK money, that's how he made a fortune on the fight.

It's also important to note that UK PPVs are about $20-25, in the US, PPVs they are typically $60-70.

The UK PPV scene is weird like that. They'll get Mayweather-Pacquiao on BoxNation (equivalent to regular HBO), but they'll have to pay for meaningless domestic fights that most boxing fans don't even care to watch.
      Mayweather-Pacquaio was on Sky Sports Box Office (PPV)

Boxnation is not the eqiuvilent to regular HBO. The eqiuvilent to regular HBO would be regular Sky Sports.

Boxnation is a boxing subscription channel. They don't have a PPV channel.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Mayweather-Pacquaio was on Sky Sports Box Office (PPV)

Boxnation is not the eqiuvilent to regular HBO. The eqiuvilent to regular HBO would be regular Sky Sports.

Boxnation is a boxing subscription channel. They don't have a PPV channel.
        What I meant was HBO is a subscription channel and BoxNation is a subscription channel. Is Sky Sports a subscription channel or is it included with a cable package like for example ESPN in the US?

You are right about Mayweather-Pacquiao on Box Office. Still a lot of Mayweather fights were shown on subscription channels instead of PPV in the UK even though he was the most popular fighter in the sport and we had to pay $70-80 for his fights in the US.

Comment

What I meant was HBO is a subscription channel and BoxNation is a subscription channel. Is Sky Sports a subscription channel or is it included with a cable package like for example ESPN in the US?

You are right about Mayweather-Pacquiao on Box Office. Still a lot of Mayweather fights were shown on subscription channels instead of PPV in the UK even though he was the most popular fighter in the sport and we had to pay $70-80 for his fights in the US.
          Sky Sports are subscription channels yes. You have to pay for them seperately.

Mayweather's latter fights were on Boxnation solely because they were willing to pay more money for them. Pre 2012 before Boxnation existed his fights were on regular Sky Sports. The reason Mayweather and Pacquaio etc weren't on PPV is because the casual UK audience isn't going to stay up until 5 am to watch a fight that doesn't involve a fighter from the UK. So putting it on a PPV platform makes no sense. That's how Boxnation were easily able to outbid them.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Sky Sports are subscription channels yes. You have to pay for them seperately.

Mayweather's latter fights were on Boxnation solely because they were willing to pay more money for them. Pre 2012 before Boxnation existed his fights were on regular Sky Sports. The reason Mayweather and Pacquaio etc weren't on PPV is because the casual UK audience isn't going to stay up until 5 am to watch a fight that doesn't involve a fighter from the UK. So putting it on a PPV platform makes no sense. That's how Boxnation were easily able to outbid them.
            Yeah that makes sense. I always forget about the time difference. 1.4M for Mayweather-Hatton at 5am is all the more impressive then.

Comment

Yeah that makes sense. I always forget about the time difference. 1.4M for Mayweather-Hatton at 5am is all the more impressive then.
              That's the biggest fights the UK has had in recent memory. As far as the casual audience is concerned.

Very impressive numbers. Mayweater missed the boat when he gave Hatton 100% of that revenue.

Comment

Working...
              X