No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Cotto Still Very Much a Reality, Says Schaefer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    cotto coming off 2 losses in a row... if cotto just lost to floyd roidweather that would be understandable because floyd is a p4p fighter, but after losing to trout,a fight against gingerboy is no longer legit...

I would even question cotto as a legit 154 lber.... he's small at that weight and needs to cherrypick to win at that weight
    We're talking about Canelo here, the hell has he done at '54, who has he faced? I think Miguel is in between, he may be too big for 147 at this point but also too small for 154.

Comment

Please tell us how Cotto will be Canelos biggest threat! Canelo will wax cotto easy but I think enough is enough. People need to stop supporting this twuat and don't buy his fights. Step the Phuk up and fight the mandatory challengers. He talks a big talk saying he will supercede Chavez sr but he ain't doing nothing to even come close. Talk is cheap red head, time to take the diapers off and stop eating baby food!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        cotto coming off 2 losses in a row... if cotto just lost to floyd roidweather that would be understandable because floyd is a p4p fighter, but after losing to trout,a fight against gingerboy is no longer legit...

I would even question cotto as a legit 154 lber.... he's small at that weight and needs to cherrypick to win at that weight
        Still a major step up for canelo who hasn't fought anyone near cottos level.

Comment

This would be similar to when Mayweather and Judah were supposed to have their "mega" showdown and Judah got upset by Carlos Baldomir and they still went on the the Mayweather/Judah fight.

Comment

:

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
              Still a major step up for canelo who hasn't fought anyone near cottos level.
              Then I guess him not fighting Trout is because he's the biggest threat Canelo can face besides Mayweather.
              All I know is I'm not buying this if it happens

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                On paper I think that's true as 2 losses are 2 losses, but in the ring I think Cotto completely outboxes Canelo.
                I dunno man... I see 2 possible scenarios....

1) it'll be like u say, cotto will easily outbox gingerboy or...

2) it'll be the marg fight all over again... cotto will gas and gingerboy will pressure and eventually hurt and stop cotto

If this were a younger less damaged cotto I'd go with scenario 1 in a heartbeat, but cotto ain't a great 154 lber... not as great as he was great at 147

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  We're talking about Canelo here, the hell has he done at '54, who has he faced? I think Miguel is in between, he may be too big for 147 at this point but also too small for 154.
                  that's the point, he hasn't done anything, yet has like 5 title defenses under his belt. beating an older smaller fighter with a name won't prove that much. he needs to face the serious contenders and titleholders who are the top level to show how good he really is. it's like the mosley fight imo. doesn't prove shit. all it does is fill his bank account and give his fans the idea that he's proving himself by facing names.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    gingerboy is big and strong at 154 lbs... Cotto got way more skills than Gingerboy, but I think the size advantage and the youth might be too much... cotto is in the wrong division and he getting up there in ring-age.

if they fight, I"d be pulling for Cotto to beat Gingerboy... but after the trout fight... it looks like a bad fight for Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                      that's the point, he hasn't done anything, yet has like 5 title defenses under his belt. beating an older smaller fighter with a name won't prove that much. he needs to face the serious contenders and titleholders who are the top level to show how good he really is. it's like the mosley fight imo. doesn't prove shit. all it does is fill his bank account and give his fans the idea that he's proving himself by facing names.
                      This is like the Mosley fight? Dude, Trout may have did his thing but the fight was competitive throughout, stylistically this is an entirely different fight. I've been accused of overrating Canelo before, but it seems you and a couple of other people are doing that. This is still the strongest opponent he'll have ever faced and no one comes close.

Comment

Working...
                      X