No announcement yet.

The GOAT ladies and gentlemen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    I would certainly agree that Ray didn't look his best in that one, and I didn't think he really looked amazing in half of the footage I've seen of him vs. LaMotta, either.

He may be overblown a bit, but Jesus Christ ; what fighter isn't? Look at all of this Pacquiao/Armstrong **** that sprung up post-Hatton.

On the whole though I think his skill level and quality of work is on par, if not better than anybody else's.

Though I will concur with you on Walcott and Moore being more skillful. Pep I never got the chance to see, save for a few youtube videos but not enough to make any sort of valid observation.

But skill is only one part of the equation, there's also longevity, quality of opposition, and a ****load of other things to consider.

Regardless ; it's all mere speculation and opinion anyway.

But for my $0.02, Robinson's combinations, speed, accuracy, power, and footwork were truly breath taking.

Do you at least consider him ahead of his time?

How do you think he would fare against today's crop of top Welterweights?
    Obviously he would smash todays class of WW's Paul Williams might give him trouble for obvious reasons. Floyd has a good chance of out thinking him if he gets the pace slowed.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Obviously he would smash todays class of WW's Paul Williams might give him trouble for obvious reasons. Floyd has a good chance of out thinking him if he gets the pace slowed.
      No he won't.

Where did ur brains get that whacked thinking.

Gayweather won't even fight any of the top welters and *****-retired rather than doing it.

Where the heck on ur brains... or lack of it did u thought gayweather can even survive 1 round against SRR.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        I think he would've made quick work of Margarito and Cotto, both.

Mosley would be outboxed most likely, and probably dropped in the process.

Mayweather would definitely give him a real tough fight, and with his intelligence I'd pick him to edge Ray out on the cards.

Williams could likely pose problems but the way he gives away his height, and leaves his chin so awkwardly hanging in the wind ; I wouldn't be surprised to see Ray catch him good and leave him crumpled on the canvas. If Quintana could land openly and freely on Paul as often as he did, I think Robinson could, as well.

The rest of them like Cintron, Angulo, Berto, and the like wouldn't even deserve to share a ring with him.

Comment

SRR is the GOAT!!!.....very few disagree with that!!
          good lookin' Bully

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            I think he would've made quick work of Margarito and Cotto, both.

Mosley would be outboxed most likely, and probably dropped in the process.

Mayweather would definitely give him a real tough fight, and with his intelligence I'd pick him to edge Ray out on the cards.

Williams could likely pose problems but the way he gives away his height, and leaves his chin so awkwardly hanging in the wind ; I wouldn't be surprised to see Ray catch him good and leave him crumpled on the canvas. If Quintana could land openly and freely on Paul as often as he did, I think Robinson could, as well.

The rest of them like Cintron, Angulo, Berto, and the like wouldn't even deserve to share a ring with him.
            SRR vs SSM would be a guaranteed FOTY in my opinion. I wouldn't give the edge to either man, as they are nearly identical in qualities, boxing ability, ability to take a punch, speed, power, combinations. It would be an awesome fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chev Chelois View Post
              Why basing his lose on LaMotta? He beat him quickly in their rematch Pwill style.
              He beat him 5 times, I think that removes all doubt.

Comment

Robinson was 30 years old when he fought LaMotta the sixth time. He was a great technician, otherwise he wouldn't have been a top fighter until his 40's.

Remember that this is a 40 year old man, in the 11th, 12th and 13th rounds against a much younger, stronger opponent. He wouldn't have survived if he wasn't a great boxer.

Comment

Other than having blazing speed and combinations, he fought much differently than Mosley. SRR was a technitian, and was very technical in his approach, and while his defense wasn't the best ever, it was pretty damn good, and all the other things he had going for him got him that far.

Comment

that HL kind of sucks ive seen much better ones. i think he is overrated by some

Comment

Here's a highlight I made:

Speed highlights:

Last edited by TheGreatA; 10-10-2009, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X