No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis: "He (David Haye) hits harder than me."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thedon2006 View Post
    I don't know if Haye does hit harder then Lewis but i do believe Lewis is desperate for Haye to defeat Vitali so all the doubts over his win over Vitali are silenced a bit. If Vitali loses to Haye, i think the talk of Lewis coming back will end however if Haye is defeated then the rumours would continue.
    what doubts? lewis turned vitaly's face into hamburger...

Comment

True, however wasn't vitali ahead on the scorecards?

Comment

Originally posted by thedon2006 View Post
        True, however wasn't vitali ahead on the scorecards?
        He was, but it doesn't count for **** unless the fight goes to the cards. Which it didn't.

Comment

Yeah obviously but im just saying if the cut didn't force a stoppage Vitali could have won and i know thats pointless to say but people are using this as a reason for Lewis to give him a rematch.

Comment

All this talk of Haye reminds of a fight from years ago

All this talk about Haye reminds me of a fight involving one of my favorite fighters that took place more than twenty years ago. That was back when Marvin Hagler defended his middleweight crown against John Mugabi. Many of the so called experts believed that Hagler could not stand up to the powerful Ugandan. After all, he was I believe 26-0 with 26 KO's and they did not call him "The Beast" for nothing. However, all those KO's did little to prepare Mugabi for the world class fighter that Hagler was. I am not trying to compare Haye to Mugabi I am more so trying to compare the situation.

Ok, I will try to make my point clear. Sure, Haye has a great KO percentage but he has only 23 fights. And I bet if you look back at the history of great punchers I would bet that their KO percentage began to drop once they started fighting world class fighters. Again I will use Mugabi as an example. After Hagler KOed him in 11 rounds the Beast continued to knock out sub par fighters but when he did fight world class fighters just about all of them knocked him out. So, you may ask what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Haye has plenty of early KO's on his record. Add that with the fact that he only has 15 rounds in world championship fights. Along with the fact that he is moving up in weight with a suspect chin. All these facts give me plenty of doubt that he will have the experience to beat one of the best heavyweights of the last decade. That is a heavyweight who has little trouble in knocking out fellow legitimate heavyweights. As the saying goes he has the talk but can he walk the walk? I guess we will find out in June.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
              Lennox is trippin'.. He is just saying that to hype the fight

...Yeah, and not only that, but what exactly would Len base that statement on anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Madness View Post
                maybe they should have a tag team match
                Lmao... that made me laugh!

Comment

Working...
                X