No announcement yet.

floyd sr: fight with pac or sergio will happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
    I didn't? Show me where I said "I don't know what the ring title is" verbatim. You're a Mayweather groupie. A grown ass man with a photoshoot of a dude in your signature. ****in fruitcake so far up Floyd's ass you have no opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      A lot of Floyd's past and present opponents had to just beat 1 hyped up fighter and it was enough to sign the contract.

- Hatton - Barely beat Collazo. Realized wasn't a 147 fighter so he dropeed down for 2 fights but couldn't resist taking on Floyd at 147
      - Marquez - never fought at WW
      - Ortiz and Guerrero - Berto had a weak resume but that was enough and funnier that people but that hype TWICE!!!
      - Maidana - replace Berto with Broner who was fighting at 130 the previous year and would have lost to Paulie if Paulie had any kind of power and we saw that Paulie got destroyed last week by Porter.

Khan was also on the list of cherry pickings and again, never fought at the 147 limit.

So if one is objective, it's as clear as daylight what is going on.
      It's definitely cherrypicking, and those guys are coming off of big wins, but most of those guys had already been calling out Floyd for a while, and once they got their big win or were already on a good streak, they got to fight him. On a side note, I still think Hatton lost to Collazo but that's neither here nor there; fact is that Floyd has more options than Maidana-Khan. I'd rather see him against Manny, Lara, Bradley, Thurman (once he improves his defense a little), Sergio Martinez or Shawn Porter.

Comment

Sergio has been on a noticeable decline. After a string of injuries and inactivity, I'll be surprised if he gets past Cotto impressively. Fight should have happened back when Sergio wanted to drop to 150 for Floyd and Pac

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          He'll be thinking Sergio until he brutalizes Cotto then it'll be back to excuses not to fight Pac and another overmatched opponent.
          I was thinking the same thing. If Sergio looks bad/injured against Cotto, then FMJ would fight him and go "See? We fought the guy!", but he sure as hell ducked the hell out of him when Sergio was in his prime and would have murdered his ass. That's Money's idea of being an ATG boxer.

Comment

i put the link up in the post so u lot can listen to interview for yourself.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdr7V...are&t=2h41m29s

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
              Floyd calling out opponents means NOTHING!!! Floyd was at what division and Oscar and Mosley was at what division from 2002 thru 2006?
              See, means NOTHING?

You want MORE PROOF?

"Manny you are NEXT! ..... then .... I NEVER said that Manny is next, stop putting words in my mouth"

so when Floyd said he would move up 2 divisions too fight de la hoya and mosley it means nothing. but Martinez calling out Floyd who is 2 weight classes smaller means something? in 06 Floyd and shane were both welterweights. mosley was offered the fight and he turned it down. saying he was going on vacation. that's not Floyd's fault. and I was responding to the poster talking about fighters caliing fighters out

Comment

Working...
              X