Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto a tougher opponent for Floyd...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I do agree that it's funny with people acting like Cotto is some sort of shot bum or something, Oscar was tougher at that time for Floyd. Oscar was bigger, quicker, and Floyd looks bigger now like he can carry more weight now days and still be alright.

Comment

I'm not discrediting Miguel.I'm a big fan of Cotto,always have been and I will be rooting for him may 5th.

But I just answered the question.

I don't think a slow,hittable,cut prone,one armed guy like Miguel will give Mayweather any big trouble.That's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
        Just one page, and all the discrediting towards Miguel.

Come on people.

Uh none of them are discrediting Cotto, they are just saying that DLH was a better fighter and a tougher opponent. It may not be something you agree with but that doesnt mean everyone else hates Cotto. You will find most think DLH is better and you will also find on May 6th that your prediction of a Cotto stoppage is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
          Uh none of them are discrediting Cotto, they are just saying that DLH was a better fighter and a tougher opponent. It may not be something you agree with but that doesnt mean everyone else hates Cotto. You will find most think DLH is better and you will also find on May 6th that your prediction of a Cotto stoppage is garbage.
          Just like your and the rest opinion is that Cotto will get destroyed on this one-sided fight by Floyd I belive that Miguel will surprise alot of people on May 5th.

Like I said before, Mayweather may win, but its not going to an easy fight for him. I belive that Miguel will knockdown him at least once.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            No, he's not.

Not in my opinion.
            I understand, I'm just interested not trying to start a childish argument.

I can see an argument for Mosley. In my opinion Ortiz was too mentally immature for that fight. Marquez was just at a massive size disadvantage. Hatton was just never at Cotto's level IMO.

I'm just curious as to who you felt were tougher challenges.

Comment

Cotto will put Floyd down in the canvas at least one time. Floydsexuals are just crazy to think that PBF will just roll over Miguel.

He may win, but I assure you its going to be an up-hill battle for FMJr.

No matter what, Yo voy al mio! Miguel TKO/KO by 8th.

****Cotto should retire.

Comment

A better thread would have been:

A 2010 Shane Mosley off a 15 month layoff or this version of Cotto.

That's an argument where I can see both sides. This is clearly Oscar.

Comment

Just like your and the rest opinion is that Cotto will get destroyed on this one-sided fight by Floyd I belive that Miguel will surprise alot of people on May 5th.

Like I said before, Mayweather may win, but its not going to an easy fight for him. I belive that Miguel will knockdown him at least once.
                  If Cotto knocks Floyd down, I'll literally s**t my pants in shock. Mosley couldn't even drop Floyd with those two huge punches in round 2.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                    I understand, I'm just interested not trying to start a childish argument.

I can see an argument for Mosley. In my opinion Ortiz was too mentally immature for that fight. Marquez was just at a massive size disadvantage. Hatton was just never at Cotto's level IMO.

I'm just curious as to who you felt were tougher challenges.
                    I think every fight he has had from Oscar to present is a better fight than Cotto.

Oscar, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley and Ortiz.

If it were a prime, pre Margarito Cotto, then I'd say it would probably be the best fight he's had since Castillo.

But, it's not.

This version of Cotto? Not even remotely close. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by zab191 View Post
                      ****Cotto should retire.
                      Sure, after he destroys and KO's Floyd!

War Miguel!

Comment

Working...
                      X