Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought Brook was much smaller than GGG..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Brook was much smaller than GGG..

Press conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGae0FGYyGI

Hearn says he is currently at 178lbs & walks around at over 180lbs too...

My gosh the hatred back-fired big time! He's bigger than Canelo LMAO
    Last edited by 1g5a22; 07-15-2016, 08:08 AM.

He gets fat between fights, very fat.

Its really quite simple; Golovkin can't make weight below 160, Brook makes 147.

Golovkin is 2 weight classes bigger and an inch and a half taller.

Still, Kell will look pretty solid at 160, it's just a case of how his strength travels up.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      He gets fat between fights, very fat.

Its really quite simple; Golovkin can't make weight below 160, Brook makes 147.

Golovkin is 2 weight classes bigger and an inch and a half taller.

Still, Kell will look pretty solid at 160, it's just a case of how his strength travels up.
      Here he is a few days ago:

That's fat? LMAO

Show me a picture of a fat Brook between fights? I have no doubt GGG could make 154lbs. He just chose not to. Brook making 147 does not mean he can't be a MW as he matures. He walks around at 180LBS that is Golovkin size AT LEAST!

Comment

Just because two guys are the same sort of weight and height doesn't mean all things equal.

Look at GGGs wrists, his forearms, his back he is clearly the naturally bigger man with greater bone density.

Nathan Cleverly could blow up and be around the same size as a Povetkin. He'd still be a blown up LHW.

Comment

GGG has a thicker neck he is wider around the shoulders.
          Look at the size difference in their hands, wrists, back etc
          He is also longer

Similar size but GGG is clearly the bigger man even with Brook not being in optimal shape & carrying a good bit of water.

He's also used to the weight, used to feeling fellow natural MWs strength.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

Nathan Cleverly could blow up and be around the same size as a Povetkin. He'd still be a blown up LHW.
            What's Cleverlys walk around weight?

Comment

If I walked around naturally I would probably be 13st 10. I’m trying my best to pump up to the cruiserweight division and think people know that in the fight game.
              -Cleverly

That's not Povetkin! That's 183lbs.

Comment

Meh. Probably bout an inch difference in height and I expect Kell to come the ring in the mid to high 160s looking ripped. On fight night the guys are probably going to be fairly similar in size, but that ain't really the point for me.

The main issue is that Kell ain't using to fighting at the higher weight which will effect his speed and stamina - stylistically winning strategies just change as you change a fighters weight, conserving energy becomes more important and power rather than raw speed becomes a greater factor, fights tend to be fought at a slower pace too - all these are things that Kell would learn to adapt to if he was to move up through JMW and take on lower calibre MWs first. But hey - props to the kid, can't really fault a guy for daring to be great / rich.

Comment

This is the same Golovkin people want to fight 175 pounders to "prove himself".

Some of them may be dumb or just not thinking; Despite his baby face, Golovkin is not 19 years old. He is about middle aged and spent most of his career overseas. He cuts very modestly. There is no more weight for him to put on other than fat.

Others are of course acting intentionally because they dislike having him as middleweight champion (guess the reason) so there's this constant plot to push him into unwinnable divisions.

This fight sucks (not because of size gap, but because Brook is an unproven meh fighter) but we can't allow ourselves to forget why it's happening: Canelo & Cotto didn't want any.

Comment

I'm guessing no one here has worn a 3-piece suit before. Just so you know, it's a lot of fabric and makes your chest and shoulders look much thicker than if you wear a weathered T like GGG is.

I thought it was a stupid marketing ploy but it looks like it worked as they have most people fooled...

Comment

Working...
                    X