Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lance Pugmire: GGG to replace Floyd as #1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even Klit deserves to be ahead of GGG and that's saying something.

Comment

disappointing....Lance Pugmire is a better writer than that and knows the sport enough to piece that together

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
        GGG is P4P talent without a P4P resume. Even though he's 33, his resume resembles that of a young prospect who's ready to take the next step. I see no path to P4P #1 if he stays at 160. He must beat Ward.
        P4p has got nothing to do with resume, or at most the resume is only part of the equation. Because Pac had always got a better resume than Floyd, yet was behind him. Floyd didn't have a super resume to get him to no1.

When Pac was beating Barrera, Morales and JMM they were better than anyone Floyd had ever beat.

Comment

The will be no agreement on who is number 1 pound for pound. Some say it's GGG and others say he doesn't even belong in the top 10. Same thing with Ward. Some think Ward is clearly number 1 and others completely disagree. Just pick your number 1 guy and don't worry about what others think. You are just as right as they are. It's all opinion based anyway and can't be proven. Gonzalez is undefeated and has a good case for being number 1 pound for pound.

Comment

Sorry, I meant to say there will be no agreement on who is number 1 pound for pound. It starts more arguments and fights than any other topic.

Comment

defensive-minded and unbeaten Floyd Mayweather Jr.
              Defensive minded? It's called boxing. I'm a fan of GGG, but I believe the pound for pound rankings should be based on fighters with solid wins, and not on their raw potential. GGG has not proven himself against anyone of any real note yet. The guy's a beast, don't get me wrong, but he shouldn't be prematurely promoted.

Just sayin'....

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                P4p has got nothing to do with resume, or at most the resume is only part of the equation. Because Pac had always got a better resume than Floyd, yet was behind him. Floyd didn't have a super resume to get him to no1.

When Pac was beating Barrera, Morales and JMM they were better than anyone Floyd had ever beat.

I guess Errol Spence is P4P #1 then.
                Last edited by RespekonMyName; 10-07-2015, 08:44 PM.

Comment

A lot of good fights to look forward to! I think Canelo runs right through Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post

I guess Errol Spence is P4P #1 then.
                    lol @ that pic

Comment

GGG's resume is not deserving of p4p number one.

Comment

Working...
                      X