Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kellerman said on his radio show Anthony Joshua is more athletic/stronger than LBJ.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joshua should have joined the NBA of NFL

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
      I love max more than most, but labran runs a 4.4 40 and has a 45 in vert.

Can this british guy do any of that?
      Anthony Joshua also broke swim times in 2010.. a 6'6 240 pound (220 pound back in 2010) Brit of Nigerian Ancestry doing that is simply shocking.

I am almost positive Lebron James will literally drown if he attempted the swim meets Joshua did.

Also wtf does a 45 vert have to do with anything? That's like saying Joshua punches harder than Lebron. James is a basketball player.. of course his vert is gonna be higher. We define athleticism in every area outside of the sport/sports the athletes being compared to compete in.

Comment

I don't think it's that hard to believe. He was an all-state football player and is incredibly fast with a long stride. I bet he was even faster in hs.

either way, Lebron is best athlete on the planet, maybe ever. It's hard to say another athlete is better, albeit a gold medalist.
        Lebron is NOT the best athlete on the planet.. rofl is that a joke. Anthony Joshua will break his face with one punch..

The bottom line is this. Joshua can at least score 2 points in a game of 5v5. Lebron James can not even beat Michael Grant right now. Joshua is a superior basketball player compare to Lebron's boxing.. hence Joshua already trumps Lebron in vice versa comparison. Joshua is the better swimmer, he is physically stronger, he is the better tennis player and the better football(soccer) player. Lebron literally does not beat Joshua at ANYTHING outside of his own sport and American Football (and that's only because Joshua don't know what the NFL is)

Comment

I don't think it's that hard to believe. He was an all-state football player and is incredibly fast with a long stride. I bet he was even faster in hs.

either way, Lebron is best athlete on the planet, maybe ever. It's hard to say another athlete is better, albeit a gold medalist.
          He can probably run in the 4.6-4.8 range. Which is nothing crazy.

Decathletes are far and away the best athletes IMO.

Ashton Eaton for example. Better stamina, Faster, Jumps further, Jumps higher, Throws Further. If you are measuring pure athletic ability. Lebron just can't stack up to guys like this. He plays a popular sport with a ball and is an extremely athletic guy doing it, so he gets labeled the best athlete.

Comment

I love max more than most, but labran runs a 4.4 40 and has a 45 in vert.

Can this british guy do any of that?
            robust doubting the word of the great Max Kellerman, the voice of boxing? Never thought i'd see the day..

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post

Ashton Eaton for example. Better stamina, Faster, Jumps further, Jumps higher, Throws Further. If you are measuring pure athletic ability. Lebron just can't stack up to guys like this. He plays a popular sport with a ball and is an extremely athletic guy doing it, so he gets labeled the best athlete.
              First thing I thought of when I read this. lol
              http://www.youtube.com/embed/De7rbB2bteE

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
                First thing I thought of when I read this. lol
                http://www.youtube.com/embed/De7rbB2bteE
                Semi-true. Or games I guess you could call them.

But has nothing to do with the true measure of an athlete.

I was huge into team sports, with balls in high school, but I think you find out who you really are when it's just you. I could care less about track, and I did it at the div 1 level, but sports like that, boxing, tennis, etc are much tougher then football or basketball, especially from a mental stand point.

Comment

Semi-true. Or games I guess you could call them.

But has nothing to do with the true measure of an athlete.

I was huge into team sports, with balls in high school, but I think you find out who you really are when it's just you. I could care less about track, and I did it at the div 1 level, but sports like that, boxing, tennis, etc are much tougher then football or basketball, especially from a mental stand point.
                  It was just a joke, lol.

But yeah, I agree. Individual sports are a lot tougher(mentally at least) than team sports. Forcing yourself to go through running, training, weight lifting, etc. by yourself is a lot more difficult than going through it with a group of people who are their to encourage you.

Basketball has always been my favorite sport, but I think boxing is by far the most difficult sport to succeed in.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioBox View Post
                    Anthony Joshua also broke swim times in 2010.. a 6'6 240 pound (220 pound back in 2010) Brit of Nigerian Ancestry doing that is simply shocking.

I am almost positive Lebron James will literally drown if he attempted the swim meets Joshua did.

Also wtf does a 45 vert have to do with anything? That's like saying Joshua punches harder than Lebron. James is a basketball player.. of course his vert is gonna be higher. We define athleticism in every area outside of the sport/sports the athletes being compared to compete in.
                    So you say vert has nothing to do with it, but then state Brit would KO Lebron? Contradicting yourself much?

Out here in America, the best athletes don't swim, box or are triathletes. They play professional basketball and football. Similarly, they compete with the other best athletes in their respective sports.

The chasm between the level of competition in boxing and nba/nfl is astronomical. Lebron is competing at the highest level against the strongest/largest athletes in the world.

Originally posted by RadioBox View Post
                    Lebron is NOT the best athlete on the planet.. rofl is that a joke. Anthony Joshua will break his face with one punch..

The bottom line is this. Joshua can at least score 2 points in a game of 5v5. Lebron James can not even beat Michael Grant right now. Joshua is a superior basketball player compare to Lebron's boxing.. hence Joshua already trumps Lebron in vice versa comparison. Joshua is the better swimmer, he is physically stronger, he is the better tennis player and the better football(soccer) player. Lebron literally does not beat Joshua at ANYTHING outside of his own sport and American Football (and that's only because Joshua don't know what the NFL is)
                    Brit couldn't score one basket on lebron, nor could he play in the NFL. He may be able to swim faster and may be physically stronger (as strength isn't as important in basketball as it is in football), but that's also related to his sport.

Really? Decathletes? We have different standards for pure athletic ability. I think what decathletes do it amazing, but so is what Lebron James does.

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    robust doubting the word of the great Max Kellerman, the voice of boxing? Never thought i'd see the day..
                    He's the the king of boxing and boxing commentary. Max es dios.

Comment

So you say vert has nothing to do with it, but then state Brit would KO Lebron? Contradicting yourself much?

Out here in America, the best athletes don't swim, box or are triathletes. They play professional basketball and football. Similarly, they compete with the other best athletes in their respective sports.

The chasm between the level of competition in boxing and nba/nfl is astronomical. Lebron is competing at the highest level against the strongest/largest athletes in the world.

Brit couldn't score one basket on lebron, nor could he play in the NFL. He may be able to swim faster and may be physically stronger (as strength isn't as important in basketball as it is in football), but that's also related to his sport.

Really? Decathletes? We have different standards for pure athletic ability. I think what decathletes do it amazing, but so is what Lebron James does.

He's the the king of boxing and boxing commentary. Max es dios.
                      Uh.. wtf
                      Max said Joshua is physically STRONGER than Lebron.. that have EVERYTHING to do with the topic... It doesn't matter if strength is more related to boxing.. Joshua is STRONGER than Lebron and will SNAP him like a twig.

I rather have the ability to knock somebody's god damn face off than the ability to do a cross over jump shot.

As for athleticism, Lennox Lewis and Wladimir Klitschko at 240-248 pounds doing what they do.. and being around the same height as Kobe Bryant who only weight 205 pounds and doing what he do... Lewis and Wlad are more athletic.

I don't get why boxing fans refuse to admit the super heavys are more athletic and more impressive than NBA/NFL players. Does nationality play a big part? Because I will think that as boxing fans on a BOXING FORUM you guys will tend to like the idea of the super heavys (past and present) being more impressive than the big guys of the NBA/NFL.

The Bottom line is this ... Lennox Lewis at 245 pounds doing what he did in the ring is far more impressive than some ****** 290 pound NFL Linebacker.

Joshua is more athletic than Lebron... he dominates a wider variety of athletic tests... as compare to Lebron.

It don't matter if Lebron is better at 1-2 things, Joshua is better at 15-20.

Comment

Working...
                      X