No announcement yet.

I refuse to order Showtime PPV if…

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
    Wait a damn minute! You guys prefer a guy like Lampley, that NEVER calls the fight, and only talks about random ass ****, to Mauro, a guy that calls damn near every punch for each of the fighters???

Lampley is notorious for only calling the shots for the "money" fighter, and never calls it down the line.

Give me Mauro any day of the week over Lampley's garbage ass.

Lampley would rather talk about a fighter's personal life, and his wife and kids, rather than calling the damn fight. He's utterly garbage.
    I couldn't agree more. But Kellerman and Merchant would show bias to the money fighters too. I guess they all have jobs they want to keep but it still disgraceful. Boxers trainer for months and put everything into a fight and deserve to get a fair shake by the commentators and judges, unfortunately it doesn't always happen.
    Im glad Mayweather has gone to Showtime. HBO as a brand has been going down for a while now.

Comment

I don't need someone to tell me punch by punch what's happening. This is not radio.

I very much prefer a casual conversations and have the expert chime in on tactical considerations either fighter should make.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
        I don't need someone to tell me punch by punch what's happening. This is not radio.

I very much prefer a casual conversations and have the expert chime in on tactical considerations either fighter should make.
        Yea, thats why they have Paulie and bernstein there

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post

No one cares what you think, because your name is Harry Balls. Go away fat boy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
            I couldn't agree more. But Kellerman and Merchant would show bias to the money fighters too. I guess they all have jobs they want to keep but it still disgraceful. Boxers trainer for months and put everything into a fight and deserve to get a fair shake by the commentators and judges, unfortunately it doesn't always happen.
            Im glad Mayweather has gone to Showtime. HBO as a brand has been going down for a while now.
            It's not even the bias. Sometimes he doesn't even talk about the fight, and would rather talk about Beyonce or some random BS.

There's a fight going on. Make sure the casuals know what's going on, and whose landing, and being effective. You won't get fans the way Lampley calls a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Mauro Ranallo and Gus Johson's jobs are to hype up the crowd and give a play by play without stuttering all over the place.
              Notice how I never mentioned Gus being terrible? Ranallo needs to be removed

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                Based off what, exactly? Is it Jim and Mauro's job to tell the viewer what they know about boxing? No, their job is to call the fight. Lampley does a very poor job at that, and Mauro calls it like WE see it.

You're just hating on him, because of his voice basically. Besides, your post is ******ed. You "refuse" to watch a Showtime PPV if Mauro/Bernstein/Paulie are commentating?

MMMMM HMMMMMMM, I believe you boss.
                Well the kick rocks man, the majority agrees with me so, you probably love wresting, that why you like him so much. Like I said you ape, all he does is stick up for the guy Al Bernstein saids is winning, Jim can tell us why a fighter is losing, what punches the fighter should look out for, he’s not great at it but he is sometimes an analyst while commentates, I prefer that then hearing a guy yell like Michael Cole when a punch happens then go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
                  First off, the amount of hate Max gets on here is ridiculous, Ranallo does’t know a fraction of what Max knows about boxing. Go back and read what I said, I never said he saids anything stupid, but what is he there for? To call the fight, and he sounds so fake and animated its terrible, he doesn’t say anything dumb honestly because he doesn’t have much to say, he never does anything except call what we see and he does it in a wrestling voice. Bring back Gus Johnson, he doesn’t know about boxing as well but he was much better then that Wrestling commentator
                  The amount of hate Max receives is warranted IMO. What makes you think Max is knowledgeable? Just because he watches boxing. Max's job is too hype up the new blood HBO has invested money in and thats pretty much it. He doesn't have much to offer, he states the obvious. I could care less about his voice Howard Cosell had a annoying voice IMO but I still watch those old fights. I watch fights in Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Thai, ect. It doesnt matter to me how they sound. The only thing that matters to me is that they give the fighters a fair shake, something Max and Jim rarely do.
                  And Gus Johnson is terrible on so many levels. Mauro is way better than him.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                    are you a fan of world commentators council?
                    Leave it to a Broner fan to make a terrible joke

Comment

Max knows more about the rap game than the fight game. Maybe thats why he loves Broner so much, because they both spit hot fire.

Comment

Working...
                      X