Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pac can gain weight and speed "clean" why can't Marquez???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao was rehydrating to 145 as a super featherweight and only to 148 or so when he moved up to welterweight, so he never made quite the dramatic gains in weight that some people suggest he did.

I don't really have that much of an issue with JMM's weight gain and physical condition. I don't think there's any evidence that he's ever been so singularly focused on gaining muscle before, and I don't think that this being a new departure for him is sufficient evidence to label him a doper.

Of course, the absence of adequate testing for these guys and others means that forever more this era of boxing is likely to have a question mark hanging over it.

Comment

theres a huge difference in what manny did and what marquez is doing now ! it is grand cayon huge ! last time i checked marquez gained his new found speed and power at the age of 40 ! after he hired a trainer that was connected to doping !

i was watching some youtube footage of the brand new marquez and he was throwing punches that was almost as fast a gamboa , and broner ! and lets remember is he is 40 ! and i was watching 24/7 and marquez new power knocked off the speed bag !

Comment

Pacquiao has stayed the same weight on fight night the last three divisions or so and he's always had the speed. .. I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say he's gained 'weight and speed'

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          I like you Ric, I really do but Im losing respect for you here.

Pacquaio gained his speed and power during prime years and is obviously diminishing. While Marquez at damn near 40 years old is getting bigger, faster and stronger.

And lastly, look who he's working with.

JMM offered to take additional testing.... who declined? Poochiao!!

Comment

advanced plyometrics do the trick for JMM..

last time manny did it, he performed extremely well (DLH/cotto)

PAC will be in for a rude awakening if he didn't do it this time. atleast on 24/7 i never saw him did it.. hopefully i'm wrong..

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              JMM offered to take additional testing.... who declined? Poochiao!!
              correction pac never declined ! it was bob arum who did that ! in fact manny never knew about it because if he did he would of agreed to it !

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post

I like Roach...he a cool dude and seems to be a great trainer...but I kinda lost a little respect for him after this...specially since his camp claims Pac did it all "natural" ..then why can't other fighters do it "natural"....makes no sense....what am I missing here???

http://www.theboxingobserver.com/fre...acquiao-fight/

By Jordan Stoddart

Hall of fame trainer Freddie Roach has sensationally insinuated that Juan Manuel Marquez could be using performance enhancing drugs in the run up to his duel with Manny Pacquiao. The two are set to clash in an eagerly anticipated fourth instalment of their series, with the Mexican looking to notch his first win against the Filipino star, although many believe he could have won all three of their previous encounters.

“If his body is natural, I will kiss his ass,” Roach told USA Today. “Marquez has gotten bigger and gained weight, it throws up a red flag. I’ve been accused so many times of my fighters being on steroids that I hate to accuse other people. But it is part of our life, part of the world we live in,” Roach stated. One of the reasons Roach is worried, is because the Mexicans camp have employed the services of Angel Hernandez who once supplied PED’s to athletics star Marion Jones.

Marquez was notably agitated when speaking about the comments on a radio show last night. “I have never done this type of work before. That’s why my body has changed. I have been working very hard, specifically to get more strength. Angel is a professional and knows how much weight I am putting on. I am getting more speed and getting stronger at the same time.”

Ironically, Pacquiao was accused of taking such substances in the run up to the ill-fated negotiations for a fight with the current pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather. Roach has revealed that his fighter was fully committed to taking a test. “It would have been great for Manny’s image because Mayweather had said he was on steroids,” stated Roach. “I said to Pacquiao, ‘You’re clean, right? He said, ‘Of course.’ I said, ‘Take the test.’ He said OK. Mike Koncz agreed with it.” Meanwhile, both men are gearing up for their fourth fight with each boxer claiming there will be a knockout on December 8th to finally clear up who is the better fighter. It promises to be the event of the year in my eyes.
                Since when did JMM gain any speed?
                Last time checked his speed is the same if anything he's getting slower. The only thing that helps him is his timing.

JMM doesn't hit harder.
                He clocked Pac flush and didn't bruise him as much, nor did he stun him.

The only difference is that he gained some muscle and is not as pudgy as before.
                I really don't see the effect of PED's.

Its not like he went up in weight, looked muscular, kept his speed, carried his power and started knocking guys that were 10 to 15 pounds heavier on fight night. (**** just described another fighter not saying any names)

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  I like you Ric, I really do but Im losing respect for you here.

Pacquaio gained his speed and power during prime years and is obviously diminishing. While Marquez at damn near 40 years old is getting bigger, faster and stronger.

And lastly, look who he's working with.
                  Faster? He isn't faster at all. Higher weight = more mass to turn in to muscle which also makes you stronger. It's pretty damn simple. He's been gradually building his body over the last couple of years (see the Mayweather weigh in and compare to the Pac weigh in). Now it's entirely possible that he used Peds just like it's possible Pacquiao has.

Comment

He can...I think the roid bull shlt is exactly that...bullshlt.! That man dont do nothing but drink his own pee! And im not trying to be funny about that either. Its the truth! JMM has worked out because hes taking this fight serious. If you dedicate yourself to a goal you can achieve it. Find him using PEDS then you can talk shlt...if not STFU!

Comment

Pacquiao didn't gain speed, for one. He also translated well immediately. Marquez looked to be getting worse at lightweight, he looked awful against Mayweather, and he wasn't exactly a physical specimen against Pac in the third fight. Now he's a beast?

Common sense people. I don't blame Marquez, why not cheat?

Comment

Working...
                      X