No announcement yet.

Ward - Dawson + Matthysse - Ajose. RBR and Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
    Dawson wasn't completely drained. To me, his punch resistance was affected. Although, Dawson never bothered to adapt. That's not based on weight. That's Dawson mental makeup as a fighter.

Look at Andre Ward. At first, he had trouble dealing with Dawson's reach and length. He was getting hit with body shots. He was getting hit with right hooks.

Then Ward started pacing himself from a distance and caught Dawson on a hook. That's adapting. Throughout the fight, he adapted many times. He pressed the action in rounds three and four. He then used the distance in the middle rounds before turning on the pressure again.

Dawson did none of that. He never adapted. That's just how he is as a fighter. He never tried and when he got the next chance to take the way out, he quit.
    Agree to the T. Hell, even Matthysse did more adapting against Ajose than Dawson did against Ward lol. I thought it was hilarious how Team Dawson was questioning whether Ward had the ability to adjust, when the same could be asked about Dawson.

Comment

• Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
      there is no evedenc that dawson has any power imo.
      i just want to reiterate...

Comment

• Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
        when i heard these ditsy britt boys and girls say dawson is faster then ward i had to roll my eyes.
        reiterating. MWAHAHAHAH

Comment

Working...
        X