Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler ready to quit. Has wasted a fortune.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kessler ready to quit. Has wasted a fortune.

Mikkel Kessler risks serious handicaps if he continues fighting and it's not worth it he says.

In an interview with danish tabloid BT.dk, Mikkel Kessler says that he is sure his eye-condition will improve but it's a question of when. The worlds leading expert in eye injuries Dr. Gerhard Lang has said it will take 9 months and that the only cure is rest.

"People say: What if you take a punch and the injury returns? Is it worth it? It is not."

Based on that Kessler will call it a day by the smallest sign of the injury reoccurring when and if he commences training after his involountary lay-off.

To danish television Kessler the other day said that his condition hasn't improved so far.

Unfortunately for him, Mikkel Kessler can not just lean back making a living off the interest of the fortune he allegedly has earned in the prize-ring. Rumour has it that he has earned up to 100 million DKK ($ 20M).

"I wish I had just earned 50 million. The reality is that expenses are much greater than people think."

Most of Kessler's money is invested. "I'm happy about the flat I bought to my mom and niece, but other than that I've done a lot of stupid things."

"Suddenly your money is here there and everywhere. I've had 500 enquiries with smart investments I should do, and I've lend out a lot of cash."

"Look at 20 year old Caroline Woznicki. She makes good decisions. When I was her age I did stupid things. I bought 3 cars instead of 1. Every time I got money I'd spend 'em."

"Don't feel sorry for me though. Even if I only had 1,000 DKK a month I'd never say I'm ****ed because I am not."

So him wanting to get back in the ring has nothing to do with money: "Of course I want to make money. We all do. But if I'm going to have trouble seeing because of training and punches then it's not worth it. Not even if I only had 1,000 DKK a month."

i wonder how much his sisters boob job costed.....

Comment

where are the medical reports?

Comment

At least he admits that it was his own fault for his financial decisions he made...

Comment

Another heartless quitter.

The Super Sucks.

Comment

kessler had a good run and imho things are just gonna go down hill from here. if I'm kessler, I avoid a fight w/ ward at all costs (which is easy to do if I avoid Oakland), but I fight AA, whether he wins or loses the super 6. then, win or lose, I fight froch (hopefully after froch moves up to lt. HW and beats Pascal).

If Kessler wins all those bouts, then he should entertain fighting Bute, if Bute is still the champ and undefeated.

side note: dirrell's neurological issues are way more dangerous than kessler's eye injury. Dirrell should quit boxing before Kessler does

Comment

He actually looks cross eyed in that pic, and old too.

He should try and fight and save what he makes on that.

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post

her face is more beat up than kessler's speed bag, but that body is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                  kessler had a good run and imho things are just gonna go down hill from here. if I'm kessler, I avoid a fight w/ ward at all costs (which is easy to do if I avoid Oakland), but I fight AA, whether he wins or loses the super 6. then, win or lose, I fight froch (hopefully after froch moves up to lt. HW and beats Pascal).

If Kessler wins all those bouts, then he should entertain fighting Bute, if Bute is still the champ and undefeated.

side note: dirrell's neurological issues are way more dangerous than kessler's eye injury. Dirrell should quit boxing before Kessler does

what a ridiculous plan...

the man doesn't even know if he'll ever fight again, and here you are saying ''I would fight this guy, then that guy, blablabla''

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post

his sister is awful looking, fake oversized boobs and a botox face

ugly *****

Comment

Working...
                    X