No announcement yet.

CPD recommends 8 cops fired over shooting of Laquan McDonald

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD recommends 8 cops fired over shooting of Laquan McDonald

CHICAGO, IL — Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson will recommend eight police officers involved in the Laquan McDonald murder case be fired, according to a Chicago Sun-Times report.

An announcement could come as early as Thursday, which would leave the matter in the hands of the Chicago Police Board.

All eight have been accused of violating the Chicago Police Department’s Rule 14, which prohibits police officers from giving false information. Several police accounts from the October 2014 incident indicated McDonald, 17, was approaching officer Jason Van Dyke with a knife and that Van Dyke shot him in self-defense.

Video released a year later shows McDonald moving away from police when he was shot 16 times, including a few shots as he was prone on the ground.

Van Dyke has since been charged with first-degree murder.
    Wow Chicago finally standing up to it's ridiculously overpowered police force.

Most of them will just get hired on another police force though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
      That's what usually seems to happen.

But these guys are getting fired for falsifying evidence, they even went into a mcdonalds and stole the camera footage.

I dunno if another police force could really defend hiring them. But I don't doubt it either.

Comment

They need to be arrested for murder, tampering and falsifying evidence. These guys are gangsters with a badge. I can't believe what the state allows cops to get away with.

Comment

Gone are the days where you could shoot a negro and string him up on a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Suckmedry View Post
            Gone are the days where you could shoot a negro and string him up on a tree.
            http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...nap-story.html

Comment

The parents needed to be shot for naming their kid Laquan.

Who am I kidding, the mom, I know the dad wasn't there. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                I'm sure most of them would be happy to get out of Chicago lol

In this case it's kind of a grey area. I know they were wrong but on the other hand they need to do something to at least slow down the violence in Chicago even if it means extreme measures. I do not condone shooting innocent people but they definitely need to crack down in other ways. Somehow someway. It's amazing people even still live in that city.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
                  I'm sure most of them would be happy to get out of Chicago lol

In this case it's kind of a grey area. I know they were wrong but on the other hand they need to do something to at least slow down the violence in Chicago even if it means extreme measures. I do not condone shooting innocent people but they definitely need to crack down in other ways. Somehow someway. It's amazing people even still live in that city.
                  Lots of cities have higher Violent crime rates than Chicago.....

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    Wow Chicago finally standing up to it's ridiculously overpowered police force.
                    had Laquan lived, what value would he have provided this world?

cops losing their jobs for improving society. the west is becoming counterintuitive which will be our eventual downfall.

Comment

Working...
                    X