No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Caught In Top Rank-Golden Boy Crossfires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Caught In Top Rank-Golden Boy Crossfires

It’s tough for fans to complain about Abner Mares not facing top competition. His next fight – a November 10 Showtime-televised showdown with Anselmo Moreno at the Staples Center in Los Angeles – will mark his sixth straight against world class opposition.

Even in boasting a strong resume over the past 2˝ years, Mares still lacks a truly blockbuster fight. His upcoming super bantamweight title defense against Moreno is one to be appreciated on the sport’s cult level, but even a win will most likely look better in retrospect than it will for his star power.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Very excited for this fight! Moreno takes this but hoping its a good one. Moreno is to slick with major boxing skills for Mares.

Comment

Donaire/Mares is not happening. The biggest fight of their careers and both promoters are gonna want in on the action. The only way the fight happens is if TR or GBP takes a backseat.

I doubt DLH is selfless enough to surrender to Arum for Abner's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Donaire/Mares is not happening. The biggest fight of their careers and both promoters are gonna want in on the action. The only way the fight happens is if TR or GBP takes a backseat.

Unfortunately, this is probably all true.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

as a fan of the sport i hate not beong able to see winner vs nonito but hey Arum did it for years and now that his stable is dry he will be hoping to work with others but i dont see it happening till hes gone

Comment

this fight is not happening because of Bob Arum.. seriously check your facts, richard shaefer has said multiple times the fight can be made and only arum is the one that comes out with a idiotic statement "when is his contract up?" ...

doesnt matter though, this is the exact type of behavior thats biting top rank in the ass now and reason why they cant even find an opponent for bradley..

the 140-154 lbs division is on lockdown by golden boy

Comment

You people love to talk so much shhh about Arum..yet completely avoid the fact that it takes two to tango. Schaeffer was instrumental in helping Oscar convince Floyd to leave Arum, Oscar has never publicly cried about his time with Arum, the only person to cry about it has been Mayweather...why? Well let's look at the facts, Yes mayweather got himself his biggest payday of his career but how much did Oscar take home from that fight? 70 million plus..none of these guys had a legitimate problem with Arum until that point..Now schaeffer is Oscar and GBP's mouth piece, let's ignore he's been also caught lying, he's been trying to jack fighters out of TR for years now..The fact remains GBP was a mediocre promotions company until they started promoting Mayweather, without Mayweather they'd still be in that same area because most of their fighters came after the dlh vs mayweather fight. Ironically Floyd has gone broke twice now under GBP but never went broke under Arum. So while you have your brush out make sure you don't only paint one wall while leaving the other one untouched, because right now folks are truly going out of their way to make GBP come off as the saint of boxing...When they are anything but that..is Arum bad for the sport? Yes he is..is Schaeffer bad for the sport? Absolutely!

Comment

I think Moreno will outpoint Mares and then we will hopefully see Moreno Donaire within 12 months time.

Comment

Yup Abner true Fighter, He fights everyone no one has fought tougher comp in thier divison other then Froch ATM.

Comment

Bob Arum should live another 250 years (sarcasm).

I can't understand how 90 year old man can be so greedy. You are a multimillionaire. You have made tons of money through your career, enough for your family to live comfortably forever.

Do what's best for your fighters. If Nonito wants to fight Mares and Mares wants to fight Nonito sit down with Golden Boy make the fuk!n fight happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X