Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any excuse for being uneducated these days?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by //// View Post
    Isn't that sad? A guy who lacks the willpower to log out of a forum easily made it through college and grad school without any parental assistance and doesn't even feel like he learned anything he couldn't learn online. Guess there's no excuse.
    You are good, man. People have stronger wills for different situations plus you have that high IQ, right? You were lucky enough to be born with that high IQ. Not everyone has an IQ as high as yours. Maybe that's why you can relate to them.

Comment

Can't fix stupid. Doesn't matter how many books you shove in someone's face.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        I find a distinct lack of intellectual curiosity in many people. Text messaging, face booking, and the herd mind set are the norm.

Conformity and adherence to the status quo are the norm.

Social media have not really liberated the masses, but instead have provided a network of sheeple who believe they are free thinkers.
        Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        Modern technology has made people think they're more connected to each other than ever, but actually it's made people just become more separated and sat behind a screen saying things they would never say in public. It's created a more divided society i believe. Now everyone has a voice that nobody actually takes seriously anyway because it's just words on a screen, it's not people together spreading a message. People use social media to vent their opinions that will be out down at the bottom of a page in the news feed within an hour.

If you ever wanted to believe in a conspiracy that social media is a tool to keep the public divided, you would have to say it was a hell of a creation.

It's amazing how many people are sheeple as you put it. There was this thing the other week where a few people said this one girl blogger online had been kidnapped and was being abused. She hadn't, but it caused mass hysteria across social media. Literally millions of people were jumping on it and feeding the lie. It was quite amazing to watch really how a trend/lie can spread across millions and millions of people and how millions of people just seem to be like robots on their phones buying into it without an individual thought in their brains, just because they read it and it's popular and trending, it must be true.

All this access knowledge we have at our fingertips, all these great minds we can read, listen or watch within a few clicks and it seems people are getting dumber and becoming clones of each other.
        the education system isn't what it used to be either, until the 1940's America had the greatest public education system in the world, now it's probably the worst.

I agree with the posters above though, I think too many people think it's cool to be stupid, they want to fit in and be like everyone else, idiots with their thumb up their @sses, posting on internet forums and becoming someone's followers on facebook. generally though when I think of the people I know from work or community groups they just want to have lots of stuff, they don't want to think

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post

Street smart is not education son. You can't go to an interview and tell them "Hey I'm street smart and you can make me the COO of this company".
          You're the only one who mentioned being street smart.

There's more to being fundamentally sharp than just being street wise.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
            the education system isn't what it used to be either, until the 1940's America had the greatest public education system in the world, now it's probably the worst.

I agree with the posters above though, I think too many people think it's cool to be stupid, they want to fit in and be like everyone else, idiots with their thumb up their @sses, posting on internet forums and becoming someone's followers on facebook. generally though when I think of the people I know from work or community groups they just want to have lots of stuff, they don't want to think
            Being stupid is a crime. The punishment for ignorance is immeasurable.

Comment

of course theres an excuse. peopless lives get ****ed up .

Comment

Working...
              X