Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones vs Martin Rogan in the works.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
    Patently you're attributing Roy's loss to Tarver and subsequent losses based on him "slowing down" and "losing his reflexes." WHO IS TRYING TO REWRITE HISTORY HERE??? Good try, bro. Roy lost his confidence. Not his reflexes. Let's stay right on topic here.
    Of course he lost some confidence, that comes with the realization you can't do things the same way you use to. I'll ask you again since you conveniently didn't answer the first time, are you saying his speed and reflexes had not diminished noticably?

Comment

Originally posted by winky's right View Post
      that was never my argument. my argument was that a hypothetical 49-0 Nielsen is greater than a hypothetical 49-10 Nielsen

of course they won't affect his achievements. but you need to understand the difference between legacy and achievements, and in the original post you replied to, Earl specifically said 'legacy' and not 'achievements'

if ali retired after Frazier III he would be greater

so by your logic, we shouldn't judge Hopkins' greatness now? since obviously he is way past his prime? you can't say that Hopkins' is allowed to enhance his legacy, while Jones Jr's legacy remains untouched. blatant fallacy if you do. like i said before, i just think there's a simple misunderstanding on your part between the difference of 'legacy' and 'achievement' (they are not the same)
      Is a fighters legacy not based on his achievements?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Of course he lost some confidence, that comes with the realization you can't do things the same way you use to. I'll ask you again since you conveniently didn't answer the first time, are you saying his speed and reflexes had not diminished noticably?
        Noticably not. I was pretty clear when I stated he "lost his confidence. Not his reflexes." Sure, he might have slowed down a few mph but he was still far faster than his opposition. No excuses there.

I've made my point.

Comment

Noticably not. I was pretty clear when I stated he "lost his confidence. Not his reflexes." Sure, he might have slowed down a few mph but he was still far faster than his opposition. No excuses there.

I've made my point.
          Lol, it was certainly noticably to HBO and everybody else who knows boxing. And your point is ridiculous. You're trying to say that diminished speed and reflexes is not the start of a declining fighter.

Comment

Roy will most likely fight Wlodarczyk first and he will probably get knocked out, again.

Comment

Like everyone else, I've been calling for Roy to retire for years now. If this happens though, especially in Belfast, I'd definitely go. It'd be a boring ass fight but to say I've seen an ATG in the flesh would be too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Damn, Roy gonna get sparked by a cab driver
                source?????

Comment

Roy is probably getting knocked out if this ever happens. Though I like his chances at heavyweight then lower when people have more speed to catch him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Lol, it was certainly noticably to HBO and everybody else who knows boxing. And your point is ridiculous. You're trying to say that diminished speed and reflexes is not the start of a declining fighter.
                    This idiot got banned? Shame. I was enjoying owning him. Gotta love the morons who try and claim Roy Jones became instantly shot after moving down from Heavyweight.

Comment

This idiot got banned? Shame. I was enjoying owning him. Gotta love the morons who try and claim Roy Jones became instantly shot after moving down from Heavyweight.
                      Looked like he was owning you. He's right, your point is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X