Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark My Words - The Apple Ipad Will Be The Biggest Flop of All-Time!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Magazine reviews Apple iPad: Gorgeous, slim, a winner; Editors’ Choice
    Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 09:29 AM EDT

"Having used the iPad for some time, I can tell you that the device just makes sense," Tim Gideon reports for PC Magazine. "When you combine basic-but-essential work tools with iWork, an improved browser, e-mail, iPod, and photo applications, a well-executed e-Book platform with iBooks, and throw in thousands of downloadable apps and games, and package it all in a gorgeous, slim slate with a beautiful 9.7-inch touch screen, you have yourself a winner. Is the iPad cheap? No. Is it flawless? Not at all."

Omissions including support for multitasking...

MacDailyNews Take: Wait a couple of months for iPhone OS 4 (and, it is "cheap" for what you get; only a Windows PC sufferer would complain about iPad's amazingly low price).

A built-in camera for video chats...

MacDailyNews Take: And a wireless network that can handle millions of such chats concurrently. This isn't about checking of a feature list, PC Mag'er. This is about creating a totally new paradigm. You want to take snapshots? Use your iPhone. You want to take photographs, get a real camera.

and Flash support in Safari...

MacDailyNews Take: And they call Mac users dreamers.

Gideon continues, "[All] leave room for improvement, but otherwise, the Apple iPad is a very convincing debut. And it will undoubtedly be a driving force in shaping the emerging tablet landscape... There may be things it doesn't do, but what it does do, it does remarkably well. Aside from the aforementioned limitations, there isn't a lot else to gripe about. And to my great surprise, you can actually get real work done with the iPad. There aren't a lot of directly comparable products in this nascent category. We haven't had enough quality time with the competing Fusion Garage JooJoo, but it will be a huge coup if it can match the utility and grace of Apple's first tablet. I'm curious to see who actually buys the iPad, apart from Apple enthusiasts. But I can tell you that when my laptop eventually dies, I'll be getting one."

Full review here.

MacDailyNews Take: A funny review in spots, as it comes from someone who doesn't quite get iPad (complains about the lack of USB ports), but still wants so badly to get an iPad. Tim definitely seems to be stuck straddling the crack created by Apple's paradigm shift; jump on over, Tim! Anyone who values soon-to-be over a hundred million iPhone OS users - iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad users who have disposable income and the proven will to spend it - is moving from Flash video to HTML5. Economics will drive the shift from a buggy, proprietary, sluggish, outmoded plug-in to a universal open standard more rapidly than many seem to grasp. Flash is dead. The review also has its share of mistakes (that's not a "Windows icon" on iPad's Mobile Safari, Tim, that's the "Top Sites icon"), but overall a very positive review to add to the collection.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Ajamu View Post

I would like to multi-touch her.............

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
          i should make a reply to her video showing that i have perfect teeth without ever needing braces and say "jealous much, you dumb ugly ****"
          HAHHAHHAHAH....i already commented and insulted her

Comment

Originally posted by The Beatles View Post
            HAHHAHHAHAH....i already commented and insulted her
            Insulting a child over the internet. You must really be a big man in real life

Comment

Originally posted by Loccy Jr View Post
              lol shes probably 4 years younger than me

Comment

Originally posted by Loccy Jr View Post
                at least he's not hiding behind an ALT

Comment

yea the ipad is pretty stupid, but understand most apple fanboys will buy anything with an apple on it. They would let steve jobs do their daughters for a free anything with an apple. Go to youtube or just observe an apple store and just look at the people that buy these things and that should tell you alot. These are the same 40 year old men still watching wrestling, sci-fi movies, collecting star wars figures, and waiting out side movie theaters for 5 days to watch star wars.

Comment

id stick my dick inside that bitches mouth and break her braces into pieces.

Comment

Boing Boing reviews Apple iPad: A touch of genius
                      Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 09:06 AM EDT

"It strikes you when you first touch an iPad. The form just feels good, not too lightweight or heavy, nor too thin or thick. It's sensual. It's tactile. And that moment is a good way to spot a first-timer, too, as I observed with a few test subjects. The dead giveaway for an iPad n00b is a pause, a few breaths before hitting the "on" switch, just letting it rest against the skin," Xeni Jardin reports for Boing Boing.

"Flick the switch and the novelty hits. Just as the iPhone, Palm Pré and Android phones scratched an itch we didn't know we had—somewhere between cellphone and notebook—the iPad hits a completely new pleasure spot," Jardin reports. "The display is large enough to make the experience of apps and games on smaller screens stale. Typography is crisp, images gem-like, and the speed brisk thanks to Apple's A4 chip and solid state storage. As I browse early release iPad apps, web pages, and flip through the iBook store and books, the thought hits that this is a greater leap into a new user experience than the sum of its parts suggests."

"Tapping and swirling my way through iBooks (the store includes free, public domain titles in addition to the $9.99-$12.99 bestsellers), and iPad native apps provided at launch such as the spectacular, game-changing Marvel Comics app (crisp, lucid art, the ability to navigate frame-by-frame, rendering spoilers down the page obsolete), the Epicurious recipe browser, and the news browsing app by Reuters (free app in which video is, again, a seamless delight), the idea hits. This is what we wanted e-books to be all along," Jardin reports. "Rich, nimble, and dense with image and sound and navigability, right there inside the flow of the story. And this is what we wanted the web to feel like all along. We just want it to work, and we don't want to be aware of the delivery method while we're enjoying what's delivered."

Jardin reports, "Manic, nonstop use revealed a number of things: battery life is better than I anticipated. I got a full day of constant internet-connected use (it did not leave my hands) on one charge. More than 12 hours, with heavy video and gaming, and screen cranked up to full brightness... No, there's no camera, but it doesn't seem like as much of a big deal as when I heard that news back at the January unveiling. iPad is more about experiencing media, and light sharing, than heavy-duty media production."

Full review - recommended - here.

Comment

Working...
                      X