Expected Ward to win. He definently..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expected Ward to win. He definently..

Lost.

Sorry, Kovalev won. Surprized you all are kidding yourselves. You can't even call it a close fight. Ward didn't get dominated but it's pretty easy to see he lost this fight. Commentating was pretty bad on Jones part
    And even outside of effective punching ( which kovalev win) he also pressed the action while Ward ran and held. Robbery in my book.

For the record though, I thought ward would win.

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    Lost.

Sorry, Kovalev won. Surprized you all are kidding yourselves. You can't even call it a close fight. Ward didn't get dominated but it's pretty easy to see he lost this fight. Commentating was pretty bad on Jones part
    And even outside of effective punching ( which kovalev win) he also pressed the action while Ward ran and held. Robbery in my book.

For the record though, I thought ward would win.
    The spinning on here has been ridiculous. You'll most likely get a picture of a crying baby or an explanation that it could have went either way. Wait for it...

Comment

KOV won. you are not alone thinking he beat ward.

Comment

Watched it a 2nd time and I'm just not seeing the definitive loss some are claiming for Ward .

Comment

agreed these idiots don't have a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            Watched it a 2nd time and I'm just not seeing the definitive loss some are claiming for Ward .
            Because evidently you can score.

This fight had way too many close rounds to be a robbery. It's really that simple.

This happens all the time, everytime a fight has lots of close rounds it's called a robbery.

This is because for example someone may have it scored 8-4 Kovalec with a KD, and have a wide score for Kovalev and this isn't necessarily wrong but most of the close rounds have been given to Kovalev, that's fine. But the rounds are close and could be scored the other way and that's how Ward could have and did get the victory.

Kovalev didn't dominate or clearly win enough rounds for it to a robbery.

Comment

It could have went either way but I don't think Ward done enough to dethrone Kovalev. You shouldn't be taking a champions belts after fighting like that.

Comment

I also felt ward would win...but it's hard to give him 7 rounds. The fact that all 3 judges almost unanimously gave ward the last 6 rounds is a little bit suspicious for those calling robbery. It was a close fight and i wasn't very impressed by either guy's performance. I personally scored it 115-112 kovalev...first couple rounds it looked like he was gonna steamroll ward. I give ward credit for working his way back into the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
                  It could have went either way but I don't think Ward done enough to dethrone Kovalev. You shouldn't be taking a champions belts after fighting like that.
                  Well according to some you can.... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Well according to some you can.... lol
                    It's honestly mind boggling that you find it funny that someone would oppose that ridiculous garbage.

Please point to me in the any set of rules where you have to win in a certain way to "take the belt from a champion"? Please, do that.

It is an ancient, stupid and completely made up ideology that was probably said by a commentator in the early 1900's or something and still to this day we have people saying it and using it and you find it funny that someone opposes it?

It only takes a grain of sense to see that surely all you have to do to beat a champion or "take a belt" is win the fight regardless of how close.

Comment

Working...
                    X