Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan got KO for 13M, I'll do that too in a heart beat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is such a no brainer then why doesnt brook fight Canelo or GGG both fights would be ppv both sides of the atlantic?

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
      We all know that when it comes to Khan, love him or loave him, he is always involved in entertaining fights and one of the reason being he is always verge of being knocked out.
      Another being he is a entertaining offense fighter, who outboxes 99% of opponents around his weight class(s).

You keep saying he had no chance of winning , but he was winning, on the score cards according to most. And yes, Canelo was heavily favorite to win by knockout, so why should Khan not be maximizing his pay day? cushioning the blow, so to speak, if this was the most likely out come?

You are speaking like you have just unveiled some kind of revelation no one has thought of, the outcome was what the majority expected, still does n't mean its not a fascinating fight to watch, and does not make people "gullible", as you put it.
      Even if canelo didn't KO him. He would have eventually destroyed khan. Canelo was investing in body shots. Khans guard was dropping. Signs he was getting hurt by canelo's body shots. Even when he got hit by the straight right that KO'd him, he thought canelo was going to the body. Khan was getting hurt with canelo body shots. It was only a matter of time Khan folds. Canelo was investing on body shots. Canelo could have won in different ways that night. Canelo will always win in any scenario that night. If you knew what to look for. Canelo was patient and methodical in his approach. Canelo is a slow starter, but his game was always to hurt his opponents methodically one round at a time.
      Last edited by Spoon23; 05-10-2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mani1 View Post
        If it is such a no brainer then why doesnt brook fight Canelo or GGG both fights would be ppv both sides of the atlantic?
        Brook is not popular in the states.

Amhir vs Canelo is ppv material for Uk and USA making it big business plus we have Mexico to amp up the sales.

Hence, 13m prize money for khan is not far fetched.

I'm merely speculating, but the fact is khan got millions from this fight. That is a fact. He came in to fight. Off course he has to put up an effort, he accepted that circus fight. He needs to at least put up a competitive show as long as it lasts. And if that small percentage he might pull it off and win against canelo. Then that will pull him up to stratosphere star power, but that is off course a tiny possibility. Which as the story went he got dropped and his fantasy was over and reality went back in, but at least he got 13m.

Still khan is a winner in my book. Getting 13m for fighting someone you shouldn't win anyways and getting paid for it, heck I'll do the same. i'll fight anyone for 13m. Just stating the obvious.
        Last edited by Spoon23; 05-10-2016, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
          Brook is not popular in the states.

Amhir vs Canelo is ppv material for Uk and USA making it big business plus we have Mexico to amp up the sales.

Hence, 13m prize money for khan is not far fetched.

I'm merely speculating, but the fact is khan got millions from this fight. That is a fact. He came in to fight. Off course he has to, he accepted that circus fight. You need to at least up on a show. And if that small percentage he might pull it off and win against canelo. Then that will pull him up to stratosphere star power, but that is off course a tiny possibility. Which as the story went he got dropped and of his fantasy and wen back to reality with 13m.

Still khan is a winner in my book. Getting 13m for fighting someone you shouldn't win anyways and getting paid for it, heck I'll do the same. i'll fight anyone for 13m. Just stating the obvious.
          Kind of like Mayweather-Pacquiao. Pacquiao knew he couldn't win but took the fight anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            Kind of like Mayweather-Pacquiao. Pacquiao knew he couldn't win but took the fight anyway.
            Pac knew he's going to lose in Vegas since the rig was set even before their fight, and still he took the fight for the fans sake and later on realized he was right, he lost to Vegas with operation win at all cost for Froid, but not to Floyd.

Yes, kind a like that.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post

I dont like Khan but I think it's pretty disrespectful to suggest he was only looking for an easy payday. He had no business fighting a guy who is that much bigger and stronger than him in the first place but at least he went for it. I bet if Pacquaio fought Canelo and got knocked out like that you would be the first one on here singing praises about how brave he was.
              First off, I won't approve of that fight. Canelo rehydrates to 175lbs and according to khan even 180lbs.

Pac hydrates to 150 only. That's 25lbs-30lbs disadvantage for Pac. But if Pac does accept this fight and wins. Off course he should be praised for manning up and challenging himself for fighting a bigger man, but do I approve of the fight before it was made? No! Pac already got hurt from Marquez in their last fight when he got flattened. Taking a Cabelo fight as an old timer far from his prime is not a fight he should be taking anymore. @ 152 like how Floyd did. Sure though! But that's lame.

But as I said, if he did take the fight and won. He should be praised. Same as khan if khan pulled it off and bested canelo. Then the world would have fallen in love with khan for doing the impossible, but off course as the story goes. He lost and that remains as a wishful thinking for Khan. Who remains a dreamer to this day lol

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post

I dont like Khan but I think it's pretty disrespectful to suggest he was only looking for an easy payday. He had no business fighting a guy who is that much bigger and stronger than him in the first place but at least he went for it. I bet if Pacquaio fought Canelo and got knocked out like that you would be the first one on here singing praises about how brave he was.

First off, I won't approve of that fight. Canelo rehydrates to 175lbs and according to khan even 180lbs.

Pac hydrates to 150 only. That's 25lbs-30lbs disadvantage for Pac. But if Pac does accept this fight and wins. Off course he should be praised for manning up and challenging himself for fighting a bigger man, but do I approve of the fight before it was made? No! Pac already got hurt from Marquez in their last fight when he got flattened. Taking a Cabelo fight as an old timer far from his prime is not a fight he should be taking anymore. @ 152 like how Floyd did. Sure though! But that's lame.

But as I said, if he did take the fight and won. He should be praised. Same as khan if khan pulled it off and bested canelo. Then the world would have fallen in love with khan for doing the impossible, but off course as the story goes. He lost and that remains as a wishful thinking for Khan. Who remains a dreamer to this day lol

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                  Oh my God.....did this really happen...did Spoon23 really make this thread??
                  His account has been hacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                    If someone offered me 13m to jump 2 divisions for 13M. Off course I'll accept that. I can even get hit by a prime Tyson for 13M.

For those who don't get it. KHAN knew the risk. He was there for the money, as golden boys was there to rip off gullible Brit's money and gullible casuals and naive boxing fans, while Canelo was there for the easy pay check.

In other words, this circus fight is a money grab for gullible boxing fans.

Khan getting mad props for stepping up 2 divisions is commendable, but do realize he didn't do it for free. He went there to get his biggest fight in his life for maximum profit. Smart business move.

And to those who think Khan was doing great for the first 5 rounds.

Think about this. If a prime Tyson fought a middle weight and for the first 5 rounds was just calmly waiting to fire one punch. Then Bam! Tyson lands it. Fired one and ktfo of his middle weight opponent. What will you think of that fight?

IT WAS TO BE EXPECTED. Remember kids it only takes one punch it's over. Canelo knew this.
                    1. name one boxer that will fight for free?
                    2. that goes for anyone, in boxing it only takes one punch to change everything.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
                      1. name one boxer that will fight for free?
                      2. that goes for anyone, in boxing it only takes one punch to change everything.
                      It's prize fighting. khan wasn't there for pennies. He was there for the biggest paycheck of his life climbing 2 divisions to get it. He knew the risks. He took it.

Yes, the great eraser. One punch is all it takes. It reminds me of kungfu or mixed martial arts fight sequence in the movies. Some opponent will dazzle you with multiple shots. Then after all that acrobatic spectacular move the hero fires one punch and drops his opponent. Yup, one punch is all it takes to win if you have it.

Last edited by Spoon23; 05-10-2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X