No announcement yet.

Over time I have found Glen Johnson annoying

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over time I have found Glen Johnson annoying

Yeah I said it, its not popular to be critical of him but he is always crying "why dey gota rob me like dis mon"? and was never actually out right robbed like he has a rep for claiming all of the time.

He at his best was fun to watch but was never actually that good, just a tough guy who made the most of what he had though what a whiny baby.

Brah, Glen you never were a world class athlete and this is why you came up short in some fights.

People like him because he is the little engine that could, just an average guy for the most part who did the absolute best and average guy could on the world class stage of boxing.

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    People like him because he is the little engine that could, just an average guy for the most part who did the absolute best and average guy could on the world class stage of boxing.
    Partly cause of that but also cause he was willing to travel and get fights done. Also cause he came to fight. You could count on him doing his best to make a fight out of it.

Comment

just woke up this morning feeling a random rage toward the guy or...?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Yeah I said it, its not popular to be critical of him but he is always crying "why dey gota rob me like dis mon"? and was never actually out right robbed like he has a rep for claiming all of the time.

He at his best was fun to watch but was never actually that good, just a tough guy who made the most of what he had though what a whiny baby.

Brah, Glen you never were a world class athlete and this is why you came up short in some fights.

if you think he has never been out right robbed you havent watched him a lot, probably never seen a fight of his before clinton woods. dude has been robbed many times, he has also complained about being robbed in fights were he clearly wasnt. but to say he never been robbed is sheer ignorance to the point where its embarrassing.

also, the reason people like him is because he is a great guy outside the ring, managed to overcome boxing politics being against him his whole career, never ducked anyone and always puts on a good show. whats not to like?

he was very good too, he had plenty of skills, he was unconventional but that doesnt mean he didnt have skills. take an iron chin, great work rate, tremendous body punching, one punch KO power, underrated sneaky defense and the heart of a lion and you have yourself one hell of a fighter. he was a late bloomer, but at his best he was a handful for anyone.

its a real shame you never managed to appreciate him, you missed out on something great.

Comment

I thoroughly disliked watching him fight. It was always so ugly. Not sure why people loved him so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
            just woke up this morning feeling a random rage toward the guy or...?

Comment

People like him because he is a warrior and is willing to travel to other people's backyards and get fights. He has good wins and is a solid warrior and always comes to fight.

Although its annoying to see he has about 7 failed title attempts. A bit too many id say. Sure he held the IBF 175 title, but even then.
              Last edited by Box-Office; 03-24-2014, 09:01 PM.

Comment

He annoyed me too

Comment

The guy has a legitimate loss to Sven Ottke.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    if you think he has never been out right robbed you havent watched him a lot, probably never seen a fight of his before clinton woods. dude has been robbed many times, he has also complained about being robbed in fights were he clearly wasnt. but to say he never been robbed is sheer ignorance to the point where its embarrassing.

also, the reason people like him is because he is a great guy outside the ring, managed to overcome boxing politics being against him his whole career, never ducked anyone and always puts on a good show. whats not to like?

he was very good too, he had plenty of skills, he was unconventional but that doesnt mean he didnt have skills. take an iron chin, great work rate, tremendous body punching, one punch KO power, underrated sneaky defense and the heart of a lion and you have yourself one hell of a fighter. he was a late bloomer, but at his best he was a handful for anyone.

its a real shame you never managed to appreciate him, you missed out on something great.
                    I used to like him but every time he doesn't get close fight its a robbery, plenty of decisions could have gone his way. Tell me what fights he was clearly robbed in and I will take a look and will admit it if I think I was wrong but I have not seen any in the last 10 years where I could say this was the case.

Comment

Working...
                    X