I have only seen 2 fighters peak then decline soo fast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have only seen 2 fighters peak then decline soo fast

Roy jones & Manny Pacquiao.
    Both guys moved up in weight and looked like superman, but "Something" happend.
    We know Roy was dabbling in drugs, so his decline can be explained. But what happend to Manny?

I didn't know people were still on this.

Comment

Poochiao was on A side Meth. It makes bullets bounce off you

Comment

Pacquiao really? he just came off dominating Bradley and lost to one of the greats of this era not to mention he looked amazing against Marquez.

It's obvious you're implying Manny was using PED's but I don't find this thread amusing and I feel like it's been done to death. You're beating dead horse.

Red k
        Last edited by LeG00N; 12-25-2012, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          Pacquiao really? he just came off dominating Bradley and lost to one of the greats of this era not to mention he looks amazing against Marquez.

It's obvious you're implying Manny was using PED's but I don't find this thread amusing and I feel like it's been done to death. You're beating dead horse.

Red k

Yep, agree with this tbh.

Comment

I think Manny changed when the CWs stopped , those 3 CW wins made his name at WW and when you take them away all the flaws showed themselves .

Ive never believed Manny was on PEDS though he could have been , I think the Mayweather duck was not because he was on PEDS but because the people pulling the strings knew Floyd will beat him , he was money on the hoof and the last thing they wanted was Floyd derailing the hype train .

No way can you stop Oscar Cotto and then get iced by a LW and a little guy like Bradley saying he dont punch hard , as for chin and durability Id take Cotto and Oscar over Bradley and Juan any day of the week ,,, it was the CWs I have no doubt about that .

Comment

Manny was an energy fighter that overwhelms opponents with physical fury,non stop action and a super high work rate. Those type of fighters burn brightly and look invincible but when the energy levels drop they become human and vulnerable. The give away that his time at the may come to an end was when politics as a career was getting into his mind. Energy fighters like Tyson have to train like demons to stay on top when they let things slip they slip.
              With Roy his problems all arose when he dropped down weight from going up to heavyweight. The big weight change and coming down in weight changed him and had a big physical effect on his punch resistance.reactions and how his body behaved. It was the big up and down in weight he went through that messed him up. That was the big unforeseen price he had to pay for gaining the heavyweight championship.

Comment

Roy jones was on top for a decade he rulled the LHW division till 04 he was there since the early 90's pacquiao has been a great fighter since his feather weight days what's that been since 04 he just now lost in 2012 he beat Bradley despite what the cards said and looked great against Marquez but walked into a great punch.

How is that a fast decline? 8 years is a fast decline?

We know what happened to Roy pac still can bounce back.

You make it seem like they both got the **** beat out of them for every fight.

Sure Roy has knock out losses but they were usually big punches that did not just a beat down for twelve rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                  Roy jones & Manny Pacquiao.
                  Both guys moved up in weight and looked like superman, but "Something" happend.
                  We know Roy was dabbling in drugs, so his decline can be explained. But what happend to Manny?
                  Huh? You serious?

Jones moved down and looked awful against Tarver the first time, worse than ever before, then got KOd twice in a row, neither against a HOF level fighter.

Pacquiao just came off a dominating performance against a young, undefeated, prime champion at his very best, then looked better than he had in years against another ATG before being set up and countered perfectly. That's not falling off.

Falling off quick is Roberto Duran looking like the greatest fighter that had ever lived beating ATG Leonard, going without a loss for a decade and becoming the lineal champ at 135 and 147, then looking like complete ****e suddenly and losing three of five fights in just two years, one against a contender. That's falling off quick.

Pacquiao hasn't even got close to that. He doesn't even remotely resemble falling off quick in real terms like that. He just fought and looked as good as he ever had arguably, despite losing and before that dominated what was considered and meant to be one of his hardest fights in years.

We're only going to see if he falls off quick with his next couple of fights, and whether the KO has done something to him, because he still hasn't fallen off just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    Huh? You serious?

Jones moved down and looked awful against Tarver the first time, worse than ever before, then got KOd twice in a row, neither against a HOF level fighter.

Pacquiao just came off a dominating performance against a young, undefeated, prime champion at his very best, then looked better than he had in years against another ATG before being set up and countered perfectly. That's not falling off.

Falling off quick is Roberto Duran looking like the greatest fighter that had ever lived beating ATG Leonard, going without a loss for a decade and becoming the lineal champ at 135 and 147, then looking like complete ****e suddenly and losing three of five fights in just two years, one against a contender. That's falling off quick.

Pacquiao hasn't even got close to that. He doesn't even remotely resemble falling off quick in real terms like that. He just fought and looked as good as he ever had arguably, despite losing and before that dominated what was considered and meant to be one of his hardest fights in years.

We're only going to see if he falls off quick with his next couple of fights, and whether the KO has done something to him, because he still hasn't fallen off just yet.
                    Your dominating performance was a loss , go and watch the fight again and score ONLY what lands and use slow mo to make sure , it was ineffective aggression , NOT a dominating performance , and the guy is a JWW , that was after a suspect JMM fight then Manny got face planted by a LW .

Manny is done dinner .

Comment

Working...
                    X