No announcement yet.

[New Video] Floyd Mayweather Talks Wrestlemania & Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tredh View Post
    Hell no to the bold. That ship has sailed with Marquez vs Manny III and Bradley beating Manny regardless of if people felt it was a robbery. The thrill is gone! Fight will make money but it won't really define either fighters legacy like it would in 09 or 10. Fight people will pay to see but it doesn't have the same meaning anymore that is plain to see.
    Maybe it's not the Fight of the Century like it was in 2010, the earliest it was possible, but it's still a huge fight. Pac did not lose to Bradley, the closest it could have been was 8-4. Pac and Floyd are both about the same fighters they were in 2010. If Manny wasn't a top fighter anymore, he wouldn't have beaten Bradley, and coming from a Bradley fan, he did beat Bradley handily and clearly.

If Pac-Bradley had been scored the right way, no one would be saying this. Even after Pac-JMM III, which "killed it", everyone wanted to see May-Pac in May 2012, everyone. But because Manny was robbed against Bradley plain as day, people don't want to. It's ridiculous.

Comment

" why dont you just take the same thing, get on steroids and get in the same ring" jesus, why would you even discuss sports with ******s like these......

anyways as far as what mayweather says, this fight is nowhere near closer to happening than it has been in 3 years!!! lol..... i been saying this for the longest that its never happening but some of you cling on to this fight worse than a psycho girlfriend....

" 50 cent is going to make the fight happen"... 50 aint going to do ****, this fight is never happening, deal wit it.. move on people

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Maybe it's not the Fight of the Century like it was in 2010, the earliest it was possible, but it's still a huge fight. Pac did not lose to Bradley, the closest it could have been was 8-4. Pac and Floyd are both about the same fighters they were in 2010. If Manny wasn't a top fighter anymore, he wouldn't have beaten Bradley, and coming from a Bradley fan, he did beat Bradley handily and clearly.

If Pac-Bradley had been scored the right way, no one would be saying this. Even after Pac-JMM III, which "killed it", everyone wanted to see May-Pac in May 2012, everyone. But because Manny was robbed against Bradley plain as day, people don't want to. It's ridiculous.
        Huge fight popularity wise but not the best fight for PBF competition wise or legacy IMO. Neither fighter is the same to me as they were in 2010. Your opinion on whether Manny lost or not doesn't matter. What matters is Bradley got the W and Manny got an L. Manny wasn't impressive in that fight with Bradley and he certainly didn't look good against Marquez as usual. You can win or lose gracefully and Manny was not gracefull in his win vs Marquez or his loss vs Bradley.

Plain and simple Martinez is the best fight for PBF at the moment and has been for a while now truthfully.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
          Huge fight popularity wise but not the best fight for PBF competition wise or legacy IMO. Neither fighter is the same to me as they were in 2010. Your opinion on whether Manny lost or not doesn't matter. What matters is Bradley got the W and Manny got an L. Manny wasn't impressive in that fight with Bradley and he certainly didn't look good against Marquez as usual. You can win or lose gracefully and Manny was not gracefull in his win vs Marquez or his loss vs Bradley.

Plain and simple Martinez is the best fight for PBF at the moment and has been for a while now truthfully.
          Martinez is the biggest fight, but it won't happen, it doesn't need to. Martinez is a damn MW, plain and simple.

Pac didn't look graceful in beating Clottey or Mosley, but people still wanted to see it. But because he loses a fight he clearly won, it's dead, no way. He lost to Bradley like Abril or Lara lost to Rios and Williams. No way he lost, and I'm a Bradley fan. Both are around the same as they were in 2010. The only difference is Floyd was fighting Cotto, who knew he was going to get out boxed in the middle of the ring, and decided to muscle Floyd to the ropes, forcing him to fight more off the ropes. Where as in 2010 it was Mosley, who was a good fight given his ranking and what he'd done prior to the fight, but was past it completely, and was someone Floyd coul easily walk down for 10+ rounds.

And Pac was fighting Marquez, who just seems to know how to fight him, and doesn't just stand right in front of you, and who has Manny down better than anyone. And he fought Bradley, who again doesn't just stand right in front of you 24/7 and was giving different looks throughout the fight. When Bradley stood in front of Manny, he got tagged over and over, the fact that he could eat those left hands should be a testament to Bradley's chin really. Where as in 2010, he fought Clottey who was a human punching bag that night, and Margarito, who stands right in front of you the whole fight.

Floyd has to fight Manny or Sergio before he's done, he has to.

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post
            Didn't Pac agreed for this stupid test about a zillion times by now? And Floyd keep bringing that up......zzzzzz....what a duck
            The duck is still quacking after all these years. Floyd is a huge joke in boxing.

Comment

Mayweather could be being inducted into wwe hall of fame since they have a celebrity wing. He has appeared on 4 live raw shows and has appeared at 2 ppv events 4 them.

Comment

floyd still making ost an issue when clearly it isnt , keep ducking floyd

Comment

Originally posted by combatron View Post
                  floyd still making ost an issue when clearly it isnt , keep ducking floyd
                  You have a great point but can you give me the amount of times Pac has taken OST?

Again, I'm sure you can answer this question very easily which would make your case. Without such a number would completely destroy your agenda.

I have faith that you will pull through..

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    The people saying Floyd beating Manny is just a payday are as bad as the clowns saying Pac is done. I swear people would have you belive that Manny is Roy Jones past it. They are past their prime-still good, still two of the top fighters in the world. It's a defining legacy fight.
                    In 2010 yea, but since both Marquez and Bradley fights, Pacquiao's stock has come down just a little and with the delay of Mayweather vs Pacquiao, it just doesn't hold the same weight. I think for Manny a win over Floyd is huge for him and Boxing in general. If Floyd beats Manny, he would've then at least got a "legit" win as where Marquez may have been robbed and Manny was robbed against Bradley. But the aura of that fight IMO sailed away some time ago.

If Martinez beats Chavez Jr and Floyd were to fight Sergio at 157 catchweight for the Middleweight title and win, that's a legacy defining win.

Comment

The Rock and Floyd Mayweather beating the **** out of John Cena....OMG MY DREAMS!!! ^o^

Comment

Working...
                      X