No announcement yet.

Arum: Chavez WILL sign contract and fight Martinez next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
    So you're gonna shortchange chavez for what he lacks in defense but makes up for in offense and size???

Martinez is gonna have to punch up against chavez like he did against williams. but chavez wont leave his chin exposed.

Chavez has less movement, defense, and work rate compared to Williams. You are joking right? Chavez won't leave his chin exposed?! This dude got no D. I will be surprised if Chavez Jr lasts over 6 rds.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
      Chavez has less movement, defense, and work rate compared to Williams. You are joking right? Chavez won't leave his chin exposed?! This dude got no D. I will be surprised if Chavez Jr lasts over 6 rds.
      The size makes a difference. Lets not kid ourselves. Chavez has better defense than williams imo but for arguments sake ill give it to you.

Pavlik had next to no movement and workrate against martinez and was able to neutralize anything martinez did in the middle rounds. Chavez has a shot. Not saying he'll beat him for sure but im definitely sure it wont be a beatdown like you think.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
        He just told us he's lined him up, but first has to win the Lee fight.
        LOL that's not lining up, he doesn't have a verbal agreement that Chavez will fight Martinez, he said he wants to wait until after the Lee fight before "bothering" Chavez with discussion about Martinez.

Comment

?

Would love to see one of Arum's investments get smashed, but I don't see it. Top Rank would have to be ******ed to make this match.

Comment

I call BS, anything comming from Arum is a lie. Bob is shamless

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              I think he does want this fight to prove he's not all hype. He's gonna get annihilated, but at least he wants to prove himself.
              This is a good fight...

Martinez is really not all that....

Jr can't fight on the outside and pops can't fight on the inside...

It will be interesting..

Comment

Working...
              X