Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are The Chances Marquez Defeats Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt Marquez has KO in his agenda. probably just trying to sell the fight, i think he will box and counter punch. why change something that is so effective? but i think this time around he will be force to trade or go toe to toe more because of Manny's counter strategy.

but if it's a close fight again, i think this time they will award the W to JMM.

i think Manny will KO him this time.

30% chance of win for JMM. if my hunch is correct.

and If Jmm really has KO in mind, then his chances are even slimmer.

70-30 Manny KO's him this time. not because of age, age has very little effect on JMM's style because he does not rely on speed, he relies on timing and counters. he has less damage than Pac. but because Pac will have a counter strategy. (i hope)

just my opinion. we will see in the fight.

Last edited by woopwoop; 11-06-2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      Officially or unofficially?...GTFO with asking that stupid question.
      His chances are good. Better than most fighters out there.
      Both need to make a statement in this fight. JMM wants a win. Manny wants a KO. This is gonna be a pretty good fight. A fight that i wish never would have been made again!
      funny gifs

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        well, manny and jmm have been exactly as busy as each other for the last 3 years, both faded late in big fights. they have about the same number of pro fights so they've been through similar numbers of camps...

basically, neither are in their prime. jmm is older, but lets stop acting like jmm is sooo far on the decline and manny hasn't shown any signs of slowing down
        I'm not quite sure where I said Manny hasn't slowed down but I guess you were trying to make a point?

Anyway, I thought Marquez was declining before the third Pacquiao bout. Against Casamayor and Diaz...and then the Katsidis bout was a shocker to me. He ate so many punches. But he really put it together for that third Pacquiao bout. I'll be shocked if he can muster that again.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          I'm not quite sure where I said Manny hasn't slowed down but I guess you were trying to make a point?

Anyway, I thought Marquez was declining before the third Pacquiao bout. Against Casamayor and Diaz...and then the Katsidis bout was a shocker to me. He ate so many punches. But he really put it together for that third Pacquiao bout. I'll be shocked if he can muster that again.
          Most definitely. Unless you buy that he's just switched to a "more crowd pleasing style". Sort of like everyone's saying about Floyd now.

My point was that your post just claim that JMM is slowing down so much so you don't think he has a chance this time vs Manny. Manny is slowing down and deteriorating pretty noticeably as well so I don't see why JMM would all the sudden have no chance.

Comment

Most definitely. Unless you buy that he's just switched to a "more crowd pleasing style". Sort of like everyone's saying about Floyd now.

My point was that your post just claim that JMM is slowing down so much so you don't think he has a chance this time vs Manny. Manny is slowing down and deteriorating pretty noticeably as well so I don't see why JMM would all the sudden have no chance.
            No, my point is that his slowing down, coupled with the fact that he put a lot into prepping for the third fight - which was to be his crowning moment - leads me to believe that he cannot summon yet another great performance, hence my saying that was his last great performance as a great fighter.

Comment

No, my point is that his slowing down, coupled with the fact that he put a lot into prepping for the third fight - which was to be his crowning moment - leads me to believe that he cannot summon yet another great performance, hence my saying that was his last great performance as a great fighter.
              Yes, you did write that eventually.

Comment

Yes, you did write that eventually.
                Or in my very first post.

Comment

Or in my very first post.

I agree with you.

But on the flipside, maybe the fact he didn't get the decision he deserved it might put that same fire in him this time?

Who knows, we'll find out December 8th.
                  Last edited by IronDanHamza; 11-06-2012, 04:18 PM.

Comment

its gonna go the same way the first 3 fights went.

Marquez keeps it close and exciting gets dropped by pacquiao then backs off or marquez gets out thrown and out landed and his face becomes far worse for the wear than pac loses another close then complains of a robbery.

Comment

Marquez has already given his final great performance. I'll be shocked if he can muster that again.
                      maybe, but most boxing experts say marquez is the best at light welterweight and the only true champion at lightweight today, not to mention the top 5 in the overall p4p rankings

Comment

Working...
                      X