No announcement yet.

Respect to the guys who moved up multiple weight classes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect to the guys who moved up multiple weight classes

After watching Donaire Walters, it made me appreciate the guys who fought at and dominated multiple divisions. Guys like Floyd, Pac and jmm. These guys went from featherweight divisions and below to 147. We all know smaller fighters tend to have shorter career spans as their smaller bodies take damage.

It also makes me appreciate Pac as he consistently been the smaller fighter giving up height, weight, and reach almost every fight. Respect to the legends. Even though I have some issues with Floyd and JMM. They moved up and did their thing.
    Last edited by Strategic1; 10-19-2014, 12:38 AM.

so you respect PED abusers

Comment

While all 3 of those fighters are better than Donaire, don't be fooled into thinking they took the same risk Nonito did for this fight either. Donaire didn't force a catchweight, gloves stipulation or hulk out on roids for this fight. I have more respect to Donaire for at least going out on his shield. He should retire though.

Comment

It's not easy going against guys heavier than you with more reach and length.

Comment

well over time your body naturally gets bigger so it is actually very natural to go up in weight over long time. So I would not call everyone PED abusers unless it is a drastic jump.

Comment

The old myth that Pacquiao's opponents were always heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
              The old myth that Pacquiao's opponents were always heavier.
              Let's try and keep it focused . I'm putting aside my JMM ped accusations lol. He was legit and a beast from feather to 135. Floyd was solid moving from super feather to Jr. Welter.
              Last edited by Strategic1; 10-18-2014, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                While all 3 of those fighters are better than Donaire, don't be fooled into thinking they took the same risk Nonito did for this fight either. Donaire didn't force a catchweight, gloves stipulation or hulk out on roids for this fight. I have more respect to Donaire for at least going out on his shield. He should retire though.
                Agreed. Will say though Floyd, Pac and jmm were less diva ' esq at the lower weights.

Comment

yes when guys move up in weight they lose speed and power

in pacs case he got faster and stronger

it was all the 7k calories though.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                    yes when guys move up in weight they lose speed and power

in pacs case he got faster and stronger

it was all the 7k calories though.
                    He didn't get faster. Go watch morales pac1 or Pac barrera. He got stronger as his body filled up and worked on becoming more of a complete fighter
                    Last edited by Strategic1; 10-19-2014, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X