Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan vs. Ortiz - Which Pacquiao Sparring Partner Would Win if The Fought Each Other?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
    Well if khan KO ortiz even though ortiz was wearing headgear what would happen without head gear?
    Beating someone in the amateurs doesn't automatically give you a win in the pro game.

Ortiz is very strong and Khan would be eating those uppercuts, they can both put each other down but I still think Ortiz has no problem getting back up. I'd expect a really tough and exciting fight with Ortiz via mid-late TKO, I can see Khan out boxing Ortiz though but its hard to say since the fight would have to be at 147. I would give Khan the win @ 140.

Comment

i would favor khan based on a consistent jab and distance... but ortiz' explosiveness and ability to get inside is a concern. once ortiz gets in and roughs khan up, i can see ortiz imposing his power over khan... i think khan is more skilled, but ortiz is waaaay too big/strong for khan.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Ortiz boxes though, so why couldn't Khan keep him outside and outbox him? The Berto fight does have people thinking Ortiz is some pressure fighter, no he's not. Ortiz liked to box.
        Because only an idiot trainer would try that strategy. If he didn't chose to box with Berto, there's no way he chooses to box with Khan. It's not that Ortiz can't box, he can, it's that he has to do what will give him the best chance to win.

Standing on the outside and letting Khan have space to throw those long straight shots, would not be in his best interest. Pressure Khan, use your size to muscle him and make it an inside fight.

Ortiz by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
          Because only an idiot trainer would try that strategy. If he didn't chose to box with Berto, there's no way he chooses to box with Khan. It's not that Ortiz can't box, he can, it's that he has to do what will give him the best chance to win.

Standing on the outside and letting Khan have space to throw those long straight shots, would not be in his best interest. Pressure Khan, use your size to muscle him and make it an inside fight.

Ortiz by KO.
          I don't think Ortiz is that good a pressure fighter. His crude pressure worked against Berto, who has no ability to actually box, but it wouldn't be nearly as effective against Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by SpitBalla View Post
            They already fought twice in amateurs, and khan won both times, he even koed Ortiz.

I think the same thing would happen in the pros, Ortiz is too easy to hit, to easy to be outboxed.

At 140 it's very even, at 147 Khan gets KO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
              they both knocked down manny in sparring several times, thats all that matters.
              No they haven't.

Comment

I don't think Ortiz is that good a pressure fighter. His crude pressure worked against Berto, who has no ability to actually box, but it wouldn't be nearly as effective against Khan.

Just curious, but how is the pressure that Ortiz brings any more crude than Maidana??? When you compare the two the pressure of Ortiz is actually far better.....he throws a better variety of punches.

Comment

LOL, your all over the place...

Look, you haven't presented a case where Khan beats Ortiz. I think if they box, Ortiz can hang, if Ortiz pressures, Khan will get touched eventually and like I said, he won't be able to take Ortiz' shots like Ortiz will his.

Khan IMO is a bit overrated, people talk about him as if he's some great boxer and I don't see it. He has really good speed and that carries him a lot. As far as pure boxing skills, I'm not overly impressed.

Ortiz can pressure and is a very good inside fighter. His right hook/upper cut combo is vicious and I just don't see Khan keeping him off of him for a full 12 rounds.

Comment

IMO it could go either way. If Ortiz can impose his will, then he may stop Khan, but if Khan boxes and mvoes, Ortiz will get frustrated. Ortiz needs a person to war him, but doesn't like getting hit. Khan can hit and mvoe which Ortiz hates.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      It would be a war that ends with somebody getting KO'd. Most likely Amir. Against Khan , Ortiz would have no choice but to play the aggressor again like he decided to do against Berto. Because hes not quick or fast enough with his hands and feet to oubox Khan so he would have to use that 162 Pound body and rough im up.

Ortiz by mid to late KO.

Ortiz would get inside on Khan like he did to Berto and rough him up......everyone is trying to discredit Ortiz right now because he is fighting FMJ. There is no faster way to turn into a garbage fighter than to sign up for a fight with FMJ, but at the end of the day of all the 140 pounders, Peterson, Bradley, Maidana, Alexander, Matthysse and probably even Khan would not beat Berto at 147......does anyone else seriously think otherwise???

Comment

Working...
                      X