Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    I agree is about Quality not Quantity.

Quality wise.

There are no Puerto Rican P4P all time better than JCC, Sanchez, and Olivares.

And, Quality wise.

I don't think there is a Puerto Rican fighter better P4P right now than JMM or Montiel.

No disrespect to Puerto Rico and its past greats. Hell my favorite fighter of all time is a Boricua.

But, I am just agreeing that it is quality over quantity.

So what do you mean by that statement in the bold again?
    Easy to know what i mean go to every single division (but HW)and check how many Mexican active pro's are in there vs How many Puerto Ricans is ridiculous to compare.... its an odds thing if you hold most of the Bingo cartons offuk*n course u got a better chance to winn to me is way more impressive to see a Puerto Rican dominating Or furthermore Cuban's that got no way of getting d fk off d island and showcasing to the profesional world what they can do and jst fyi Gamboa aint shieeett compared to some of the people that the Cuban boxing program has made over the years but never got the chance at d pro's.

I believe that your Nationality has 0 to do with the stuff a man brings in the ring... now its got everything to do with the boxing culture and program if your country has more people in it its obvious it= more young people will get involved and has better chances at making stars.For a country like PR w a way smaller population but strong boxing culture/programs producing the champions they do IS more impressive than more making it from Mexico were talking about 3 million small Island PR against 100 million Mexicans plus probably 20 million more in the States? and ur celebrating they got 3 unified belts? am suprised they dont have more.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
      Easy to know what i mean go to every single division (but HW)and check how many Mexican active pro's are in there vs How many Puerto Ricans is ridiculous to compare.... its an odds thing if you hold most of the Bingo cartons offuk*n course u got a better chance to winn to me is way more impressive to see a Puerto Rican dominating Or furthermore Cuban's that got no way of getting d fk off d island and showcasing to the profesional world what they can do and jst fyi Gamboa aint shieeett compared to some of the people that the Cuban boxing program has made over the years but never got the chance at d pro's.

I believe that your Nationality has 0 to do with the stuff a man brings in the ring... now its got everything to do with the boxing culture and program if your country has more people in it its obvious it= more young people will get involved and has better chances at making stars.For a country like PR w a way smaller population but strong boxing culture/programs producing the champions they do IS more impressive than more making it from Mexico were talking about 3 million small Island PR against 100 million Mexicans plus probably 20 million more in the States? and ur celebrating they got 3 unified belts? am suprised they dont have more.
      You know the same can be argued that Mexico doesn't really have an elusive amateur program like the one Puerto Rico and most other countries have right? We're pretty much a third world country...Puerto Rico is funded by the United States government so the whole population point doesn't mean ****.

Comment

your ******ed... this whole "if only cubans were allowed to fight" shi* is bullshi* myth.... what pro fighter from cuba was great? casamayor? pfftt... amateur and pro are two whole different things

and if u want to compare countries then why dont u mention the fact that mexico is a 3rd world country and puerto rico is what? im not even gonna waste my time with you ******ed ass...100 million but how many of them have the time to not work and dedicate their life to boxing? dumbsh*

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v3 View Post
          your ******ed... this whole "if only cubans were allowed to fight" shi* is bullshi* myth.... what pro fighter from cuba was great? casamayor? pfftt... amateur and pro are two whole different things

and if u want to compare countries then why dont u mention the fact that mexico is a 3rd world country and puerto rico is what? im not even gonna waste my time with you ******ed ass...100 million but how many of them have the time to not work and dedicate their life to boxing? dumbsh*
          100 million vs 3 million!!! 761 thousand square miles vs 4 thousand square miles!!!! And your crying???? What more advantage do you need to STFU??? It's ****ed up that they even succeed and challenge at such a disadvantage. It's called being ENVIOUS!!!! U guys always post, Sanchez beat Gomez. Sal's greatest win. While Gomez KO'D mesican greats Carlos Zarate, Lupe Pintor, and about another 10 mesican fighters. U guys always post, JCC beat Macho Camacho. But seem to forget Macho KO'D mesican great Bazooka Limon, Jose Luis Ramirez, and countless other cali mesican fighters. TITO beat undefeated Campas, Vargas, hoja. And all mesicans talk about is TITO lost to hobkins etc. Segura beat old ass midget Calderon who was undefeated, and now swear Gio is an all time great!!!! GTFO with the lame *ss ****!! You've be owned for years! 2010 has been very good for you, so enjoy it!!! Cause it ain't going to last!!! And when EL TABACON dies? Your in for a mandatory let down! Getting whipped by both sides....

Comment

Originally posted by rabagiyo View Post
            Three UNIFIED Mexican world champions
            They are mexicans while xcaret is a chicano.

Comment

Originally posted by rabagiyo View Post
              You know the same can be argued that Mexico doesn't really have an elusive amateur program like the one Puerto Rico and most other countries have right? We're pretty much a third world country...Puerto Rico is funded by the United States government so the whole population point doesn't mean ****.

And thank you for Making my point yeah you got 3 million Puerto ricans being funded by the states right? How about The 20 million mexicans IN THE STATES alone?! no **** their multiple champions bet 1 of them is chicano=kinda mexican.You obviously never been to PR have you? you have a higher chance to catch a bullet then ever seeing the inside of a boxing ring.

Try and pull your head out of your azz please Casamayor wasnt shyt not even in Cuba if you knew what the fk you where talking about you might know that not even 1 of the Cuban top 10 fighters has ever fought out of Cuba profesionally, Not even Gamboa is one of the better Featherweights that Cuba has ever produced but he got out and look what hes doing.. So if you dont know shyt dont talk shyt. Professional Material doesnt even have the chance to GTFO Cuba because their not the point scoring prima donas you have to be to get in the olympics Many Gold medalist been KTFO in Cuba in National championships.
              Last edited by DannYankee; 09-16-2010, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Like jrosales said, its about quality, not quantity. Mexico are better at dominating a single division in boxing, but Puerto Rico is better at what P4P truly is, jumping divisions, facing bigger guys, and beating them for titles and glory.

Look no further than my sig. We do it with less champions too.

Comment

wheres the phillipines?
                  Exactly!! Where's Montiel's balls? He already ducked Donaire 2 times.....lol!!

Comment

But, your argument is quality>quantity. And, quality still belongs to Mexico.

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
                    Like jrosales said, its about quality, not quantity. Mexico are better at dominating a single division in boxing, but Puerto Rico is better at what P4P truly is, jumping divisions, facing bigger guys, and beating them for titles and glory.

Look no further than my sig. We do it with less champions too.
                    Yo mean like a 3 division champ? That is P4P right? Like JCC was? And, there is no Boricua greater than what JCC was.

You might have more divisional champs but that falls under quantity. You don't have better which falls under quality.

So I am glad you agree with me.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      But, your argument is quality>quantity. And, quality still belongs to Mexico.

Yo mean like a 3 division champ? That is P4P right? Like JCC was? And, there is no Boricua greater than what JCC was.

You might have more divisional champs but that falls under quantity. You don't have better which falls under quality.

So I am glad you agree with me.
                      Not really my argument stands if you hold all the Chest pieces to beging with its more impressive if i checkmate you then if you do me that's Quality over quantity. Easy enough to understand! Its an unblanced comparison to say there are more Mexican champions wooohoo!. Its like me saying there are more black superstars in the NBA woohooo!

Now a Better way to do it its to compare the best Mexican champion vs Another single individual in their Merits and abilities thats something else because you would have to see their individual attributes and i dont see any Mexican champ that can be compared in the top 5 p4p at this point.
                      In this regard Oddly enough AND VERY IMPRESSIVELY Philipines got the quality now followed by the US thennnnnnnnnn Mexico till JMM needs a wheelchair then bye bye 3rd place.

Comment

Working...
                      X