No announcement yet.

Samuel Peter 60 Second Interveiw!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuel Peter 60 Second Interveiw!

Age you started boxing: I was 16 years old in school. The national team came to our school. I watched them and I said, I can do that. I went to go and train with them to see what was going on. When I went, the coach told me, ‘Okay, come on’. He put me in with a guy who had been boxing for about six months before me. I just knocked him out.

First boxing memory: I remember I knocked a champion out [smiles]. I went up to ask somebody, ‘do you know who this guy Jackson is I’m supposed to fight?’ He said, ‘I don’t know but if you want it I’m gonna fight’. Don’t get too close to me when I’m about to fight. So then I went to ask somebody again, ‘do you know this Jackson?’ ‘Yeah, it’s the guy you just talked to.’ I said, ‘WHOA!’

So then, in my mind, he’s a former champion, he’s gonna beat me. I went back and did my thing. The night we were supposed to fight, they took the light. There was no light. They changed the fight to the next day. The next day I stopped him in round two [smiles].

Inspiration: To be frank, I don’t know. I was a footballer. I play soccer. If I tell you the real truth, after I get in boxing I don’t really know. But I started to love the game?(boxing).

Favourite all-time fighter: Muhammad Ali and Lennox Lewis.

Best fight seen: Mike Tyson v Buster Douglas.

Pre-fight meal: Fufu [African dish].

What do you do to relax: Relax with my kids, enjoy with my kids [three-year-old daughter and two-year old son]. After some time I take an hour for myself.

Pre-fight superstition: I pray for God. I don’t do no superstition. God is the ultimate. I pray to God, to guide me.

What kind of training do you do between fights (if any): I train all the time.

Typical breakfast: Fufu.

Toughest part of being a boxer: Training [laughs].

Favourite music: Reggae, Bob Marley.

Last book read: I don’t read books [laughs].

Favourite film: Troy.

What car do you drive: Hummer, Range Rover, Mercedes Benz [smiles].

Where do you train: At a private gym in Torrey Pines, in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Training routine: I train three times a day.

Toughest man faced: James Toney. He got a hard head.

What supplements do you take: I don’t take no vitamins.

If you weren’t a boxer what would you be: I want to be heavyweight champion. I’m training to be the heavyweight champion of the world.

Last place you went on holiday: Akwa Ibom, Nigeria.

Favourite football team: I love American football. I love the (St. Louis) Rams, before they went bad.

Best boxer in sport today: Samuel Peter.

ENJOY!

A little old!

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/BN08/detail.asp?id=188

good stuff.... i still like sam

Comment

he went to school?

Comment

hahaha... ame-ri-KUH

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
          hahaha... ame-ri-KUH
          you just noticed that? lol

i've had it there fo' a minute, kuh

Comment

i see dat shyt kuh

Comment

thats a joke im from nigeria and what he calls fufu is ground rice/pounded yam. if you eat that as a pre fight meal your asking for trouble so i think he is lying. onvce you eat that you get itis in a major way lol

Comment

Who Ness? LOL

Comment

Sam Peter is not relevant in the Boxing HISTORY section, lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X