Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is al haymon so secretive of his moves and business?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The media isn't your friend. Golden Boy was promoter of the year last year. The media has been praising Oscar every since he fired Schaefer. Golden Boy put on some good fights last year. He even fed Lemieux to GGG and he was praised for the best fighting the best. Look what happened to ODLH this week. That's why you don't talk to the media. They build you up to tear you down.

Comment

And secondly, who is the boxing media? They're mostly irrelevant. Even members of the MMA media are more relevant than the boxing media.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
        That's what Arum alleged and couldn't prove it in court. Stop listening to the Haymon Haters and #staywoke

if you think that's an idea that bob arum came up with you have no business acting like you're an expert on al haymon's history

i haven't sub'd to ring mag for years. years. probably close to 10 now. and they used to talk about it.

edit:
        that lawsuit was recently settled, which typically doesn't result from pressure from idle smokeblowing.
        Last edited by New England; 05-22-2016, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          if you think that's an idea that bob arum came up with you have no business acting like you're an expert on al haymon's history

i haven't sub'd to ring mag for years. years. probably close to 10 now. and they used to talk about it.
          And they've been wrong. Arum just took Haymon to court over those allegations. He saw Haymon's documents and dropped the case. He couldn't prove it in court. Yet you're steady repeating something fed to you. Think for yourself #staywoke

Comment

And they've been wrong. Arum just took Haymon to court over those allegations. He saw Haymon's documents and dropped the case. He couldn't prove it in court. Yet you're steady repeating something fed to you. Think for yourself #staywoke

that case was settled

you're probably just a troll. about thousands
            wtf am i adoing with my life?

Comment

that case was settled

you're probably just a troll. about thousands
              wtf am i adoing with my life?
              The case was settled because Arum couldn't prove what he alleged. If Haymon was breaking a federal law that would bring his company down. You think Arum would settle if he could prove Haymon was breaking a federal law that would end PBC as we know it? Use your brain and think. Here's what Dan Rafael had to say after speaking with Arum

Dan Rafael, Make Canelo-GGG for September (12:35 PM)

I have some theories but I think Arum's main objective in the suit was to scare off Haymon's investors so PBC would die. However, once Waddell & Reed were let out of the suit by the court and it was just TR vs. Haymon he lost his zest for the battle that he never really wanted in the first place. As far as I am told the one who really pushed for the suit was Todd duBoef, Arum's stepson and the president of Top Rank. So they negotiated a settlement, the terms of which are confidential. But if I had to guess it is that they dropped the case and each handles its own legal costs and that's that.
              #staywoke

Comment

The case was settled because Arum couldn't prove what he alleged. If Haymon was breaking a federal law that would bring his company down. You think Arum would settle if he could prove Haymon was breaking a federal law that would end PBC as we know it? Use your brain and think. Here's what Dan Rafael had to say after speaking with Arum

#staywoke

you don't settle if you can allege that a lawsuit was idle smokeblowing. you countersue for your legal costs and damages, which would be gigantic in a situation like this one where millions of dollars, private investments, major TV networks and venues, etc, are involved.

al haymon wants this to blow over quietly, the way he wants his entire boxing career to go . he doesn't want anybody looking into what he does, which is act as both a promotor and a manager.

let me guess, al haymon is the only prpmotor in boxing on the up and up?

Comment

he doesn't want anybody looking into what he does, which is act as both a promotor and a manager.
                  Maybe he does, but with him and his investors, do they think they are naive enough to just do it and hope they don't get caught?

It's quite clear they have found ways around the law to get away with it which is why any allegations against them don't stand up in court.

Most big companies are probably doing things illegally but they employ the best law team they can so they can find loopholes in the law and carry on with business.

That's how the corporate world works. It's not right, but it's just how it is and if it they get around the law then there's nothing anybody can do about it. Governments, intelligence agencies, police etc.. all know who big time criminals are, but finding them guilty is another thing.
                  Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-22-2016, 08:18 AM.

Comment

As a person who likes what he's done for boxers & who supports anyone from Haymon to AIBA attempting to shake up the status quo & bring forth a more unified & better structured boxing world it is weird & sorta kinda creepy he's not more open & just straight out avoids contact like he does regardless of it being his choice/his way & all that sorta ****.

Plus he seems to not have or hire ****ty people to talk for him. The closest thing Haymon has to a mouthpiece is Sam Watson & he seems more like a really nice neighbor who always gives you a smile & puts you in a good mood when you talk to him than a shrewd businessman trying to create & represent the NFL of boxing.

I definitely understand why people have given Haymon James Bond super villain-like qualities when this is what things look like.

Comment

he's likely secretive about who he is and what he does because there are aspects of his business model that are illegal.
                      If you do any basic research into Haymon you'll see that he's been a private guy since day 1. I think he's got 2 or 3 interviews you can find & I think he mentions in all of them he doesn't usually give interviews during them. Clearly there is more going on with him & his reasons for avoiding the media than "he's doing something illegal".

Hell man I think most of the people in business who are doing illegal **** are either talking to the media themselves or they hire a crafty mfer who deals with the media so they can control that media spin. Haymon seems to do neither. Thats odd too to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X